• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes BEST BI-PODS UNDER $150 6-9"

Re: BEST BI-PODS UNDER $150 6-9"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harris, 6-9 swivel notched legs </div></div>

Agreed. Haven't seen any new model with spring release legs....

And why is this in "scopes"?

Friction lock legs suck in by spring tension, notched legs pop out upon release.

Nothing new. The friction are better for unven surfaces IF you don't have a swivel, but the notched legs on a swivel are the best way to fly.

Anyone that figures different has never had a friction lock loosen up while firing. Go to any precision rifle match and look at whats on the rifle-I'd venture 90% are Harris BRM-S.

yeah i can see if some one was flustered them not tightening them down properly. but i just tightened them down and proceeded to hit them with my hand and a small hammer i have laying around to try and vibrtate the legs loose and after about ten minutes i tried to force the legs in and they wouldnt budge so i think it will work out for me. just gotta use them as they were intended. and this model has the swivel aswell. it would seem ideal to not have to use the swivel to adjust for angles as the rifles resting point will be different then the angle you need due to the leaf springs.

plus they lock out at full extension and from a prone position thats where id say alot of the use will be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have it and so far i like it..havent shot on it yet though. </div></div>

Maybe its just that I've been shooting off of Harrises for so many years in match and field conditions that I have forgotten how they work....

I'm glad you tightening them down at home and hitting them with your hand and a small hammer repudiates years of actual field experience.

R700NF-get the BRSM and a pod-lok from KMW (I think they are sold directly though Harris now too). You won't be disappointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think it will work out for me. just gotta use them as they were intended.</div></div>

sobrbiker,

accept the fact that not everyone will leap at your every recommendation. you are not the end all expert so when someone kindly declines your advice please dont get all upset.

thanks, kenny

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harris, 6-9 swivel notched legs </div></div>

yes the spring loaded one. thats what i got and i love it. great for prone or off a bench. not that practical for the type of hunting i do though. ill have to get some sticks some day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anothervr6kid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Harris as well and can't complain. </div></div>

Same here!!