Suppressors Best carry .45

Re: Best carry .45

Although not a .45, which is my personal favorite,I like to recommend the Smith 642 with Crimson Trace Laser grips carried in a Mika pocket holster. When I travel to states that recognize my carry permit from MN and NH. Otherwise, I'd probably have to go with the G36, if they're got their bugs worked out yet. I've got the Crimson trace gripped G30, but the 36 is much slimmer and more discreet. Welcome - I'm new here as well.. and on with building my tac rifle.

I have the G36 and love it.

Having said that, I believe I am going back to a 1911 for carry. I have shot 'em for years and feel comfortable with them on my side.

First of the year, I will have a 5" Les Baer.

My everyday carry is a Colt lightweight officers model (potential reliability issues addressed)
1) It's the right caliber
2) It's the right size
3) It's the right weight
and after 40 years of shooting 1911s, it's like an old friend. A lot of folks would not consider carrying a 1911 that's not a 5" model and I understand that line of thinking but this is the one that goes out the door with me most everyday (see 1,2,3 above).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkkfam89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">heres mine!
clip0005.jpg
</div></div>

Nice piece, but how quick can it be put to use with the zip-tie on it?

I carry that Sig Sauer P226 I got from Ranger1183...it's a 9mm but whatever because ammo prices went insane so the .45acp got to be too much to practice with & I like to practice a lot. Plus, 18+1 rounds of 147gr +P+ when I'm carrying I think will get the breathing stopped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the G36 and love it. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirknar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it a lot. Ive only got around 150rnds through it but I like the DaK trigger so far. If you like DA revolvers, then you will love the Dak trigger. </div></div>

+1 on that. If you're expecting it to be anything like a single action, it's not. Despite all the hype, it is just like a DA revolver, heavy and long.

i carry a glock 21 with the night sites under a slightly large t shirt even in summer time. its been on my side so long (3 1/2 years every day except my wedding day) its got holster wear along the top of the slide . gotta love 13 plus one in the pipe.it eats everything i feed it. ive got over 5k rounds down the pipe and can count on one hand the malfunctions ive had. and my wife carries either her Walther PPS 9mm or a Taurus Millenium pro 745 45 acp single stack

Mine is the da/sa. I dont know if I would go that route again. I think I would opt for the sa, next go around. Thing I was worried about though, adrenaline rushes, if I do have to pull it, it (to me) is comforting have that long pull so a round doesnt go into something I dont want it too. This is my first semi, and I am SOLD on the sigs far as a factory pistol.

The "best" is one you feel comfortable carrying, since the thread was titled "best carry .45". If you aren't comfortable always wearing any pistol CCW, then its not the best for you.

I am not a Glock fan, but they are among the lightest to tote, and probably would be my choice if I was in combat and loaded up with gear. I shoot most accurately with 1911's, have carried them, but am not 100% comfy with "cocked & locked", and have not found them to be 100% reliable. I would say that I have never had a single malfunction of any kind with the SIG 220 DA, and I think that is why it is so popular with so many.