• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Best inexpensive Range Finder

Some people think $14,000 is inexpensive.

How much you willing to spend?

Leupold 2800s are good, in the $500 range, kilo 2200 are cheaper but don’t nearly work as good but still better then say a wildinnovations.

Vortex 1800 is cheaper, never used one so can’t speak to how it works.

You willing to spend more than $600 some of the Leicas have been said to be pretty good.

If $14000 is cool some vector 21s with a dagr or ffs could have you shooting across the globe.

Reactions: CancerWarrior87
Some people think $14,000 is inexpensive.

How much you willing to spend?

Leupold 2800s are good, in the $500 range, kilo 2200 are cheaper but don’t nearly work as good but still better then say a wildinnovations.

Vortex 1800 is cheaper, never used one so can’t speak to how it works.

You willing to spend more than $600 some of the Leicas have been said to be pretty good.

If $14000 is cool some vector 21s with a dagr or ffs could have you shooting across the globe.
I wanna stay in the 500s..

The big break is 800-1000+ yards. You can get a fairly cheap one that will range a target out that far, but beyond that, or trying to range an animal at that range, and you start to pay the big bucks. If you're using it on painted steel targets your budget is about right. Read up on them too, because usually when they say 1,200 yards max it's on a large reflective target, and if that ain't it you're looking at 2/3 or less that distance.

As with most stuff you get what you pay for...

The big break is 800-1000+ yards. You can get a fairly cheap one that will range a target out that far, but beyond that, or trying to range an animal at that range, and you start to pay the big bucks. If you're using it on painted steel targets your budget is about right. Read up on them too, because usually when they say 1,200 yards max it's on a large reflective target, and if that ain't it you're looking at 2/3 or less that distance.

As with most stuff you get what you pay for...
Yeah that’s all I would need it for is painted steel and ranging animals no farther than 800 and to be honest I’m not ready to go for an animal beyond a 1000yrds.

I did the Leica for $399 deal and am very happy. The glass is great and I've ranged beyond a mile off hand. Have ranged black cows to about 800 yards.

I picked up a demo model Leica 2000-B for $300. Getting easy reads on reflective targets @1230 yards on a clear sunny day. I have hit houses at 160
Perfect for my needs.

If this is in stock, Europtics, it is by far the best value on a rangefinder.

Unless you want the $5000 for a $25,000 rangefinder in the PX. 13 KM IIRC.

Whats everyones take on the Vortex rangefinders? Needing one myself, just not sure which one. Would like to range steel at 1000.
They aren’t as expensive or a reason. The 1800 would be the best bet, and hope it works as far as you need it to.
The warranty is better though. The leupold I can hit about 2000y off hand sometimes, but it has 2 year warranty on a Chinese made product

Reactions: LongRange65
Not that i think its a great pick up but recently bought a bushnell conx and kestral wind meter with link for under 590.00 after shipping , a combo which i though was a good deal seeing that the other prices i still see is more than 1k at a fast glance, you may find it for sale like i did not sure where online i saw it for sale think it was ga precision that's another option . maybe a used one for sale in the px would be cheaper .

I've been pretty happy with my Sig 2200 mr for the money. I've ranged trees at 1,600 yds, a humvee at over 1,900 and houses at over 2,400. Animals and steel targets aren't a problem inside of 1,000, which is most of what I care about. It sometimes has issues with grassy hillsides, I've gotten ranges past 1,200 on them, but it's hit or miss.

With the Leica 2700-b, I ranged a 6’x8’ plate out to about 2,200 yards this past weekend. It was big and white, but the Leica definitely works well. That one is around $775 on the net.