• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Best lower for mk12 build/

If you're going for historical accuracy for the original guns that were built off M16A1's, then you'll want to get a NoDak Spud NDS-16A1.

If you don't care, and want to slap the upper on a lower that is somewhat close to an M4 lower, then any standard A2-style lower will do, even though the M4 has beefier pivot pin bosses.

"Best" is a relative term. Most authentic; get an actual Colt NFA lower. Correct buttstock; good luck. Teams changed to what they wanted. Some had collapsible stocks, some had fixed stocks, some used Magpul PRS. I personally used a Knights lower with a Geiselle trigger and a Magpul PRS stock because I could for my personal rifle. Get what you want and shoot it.

Do you have any pics of mk12 mod 0 or 1's with prs stocks used overseas by chance? I would like to see them if you have some. To original poster...any lower will function..if you are building a correct clone it's the Nodak like was mentioned or a lot of guys use colt lowers.

Reactions: LongSchott
I run a LaRue tactical 18" stealth sniper system on a LaRue lower. The lower is built like a tank, it is machined so it is very clean and has extra metal in the areas most prone to wear. The fit is tight to the upper and the magwell has is a bit thicker at the bottom and flared. Their lowers are made by Stubborn mule and they sell it under their name as well, here is a link. I dn't think you will be disappointed....

Rifle, Firearms Lower receivers for AR-15 variants and 50 BMG lowers pre-drilled for Bohica Arms Upper Assembly - Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply - SMOSArms.com