• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Best Rimfire Suppressor Host?

MDFMFG

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2019
Washington
So my DA Mask was just approved, I took it home all excited opened up the safe and realized I don't own a single .22 or rimfire firearm. Anyone have any suggestions on what your favorite host is? I have checked out the Rugers and I am not pleased with QC on them so not completely sold on one of those.

One great combo is a Buckmark pistol and rifle. They offer both prethreaded and they just flat out shoot good. Also, you must get a bolt action 22lr like a Savage FVSR or Ruger American Rim fire SS . Shoot a suppressed bolt 22lr is what makes it all worth while. Giggle like a school girl every time.

What are some of the QC issues you noticed when checking out Rugers? I use a Ruger American, 10/22, and Mk IV, all suppressed and have had no issues with any of them. There are certainly things that can be upgraded / added on all of them, but they have functioned fine for me right out of the box.

I did this. Got a stainless MKII. Cut back to 4" so everything is subsonic and threaded it. It just sits in the safe. It's a great gun, just prefer the ergos of a 22/45
I get that, I like the 22/45 but have years more time with the old school grip of the mkii. It has Volquartson sights, trigger and firing group, shoots very, very well.

Here are my two favorite suppressor host for 22's.

IMG_20191216_220043.jpg

IMG_20191216_215905.jpg

Reactions: TACC and Gasgun
The Ruger LITE's ( and TacSol uppers) have the tensioned barrel and are nice because the POI does not change either with or without the suppressor. Everything else I have tried with a solid barrel moves a bit, enough that you have to re-zero.
I have a couple of MKIII's and both have been great.

Reactions: TACC
Imho you need three hosts. Threaded pistol, semi auto rifle and bolt rifle.
I just got my ask out of jail last week. I have a few options but the best (for me) so far:

1) Ruger Mark series pistol. I had 2 Mark II’s so I got a tactical solutions 4.5” threaded barrel. Haven’t bothered with accuracy checks yet on any of them but they are all MOC (minute of can) at plinking ranges. 4.5” barrel keeps bulk ammo subsonic. Federal automatch was fun. CCI quiet won’t cycle but very quiet.
2) semi auto rifle- Ruger 10/22 or Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22. Hard to go wrong with either. CCI standard velocity ammo is great.
3) bolt gun- I have a Ruger 77/22 so I got a Tacsol SBX barrel for it. 12.5” threaded barrel but a welded on shroud to keep it 16+” legal and about 17” with the Mask. With cci quiet ammo it’s giggle quiet. Cci standards are great. Savage and CZ would be great out of the box threaded bolt guns.

01293144-89A2-4D1B-8C09-78420394F638.jpeg
01293144-89A2-4D1B-8C09-78420394F638.jpeg

Reactions: TACC
What are some of the QC issues you noticed when checking out Rugers? I use a Ruger American, 10/22, and Mk IV, all suppressed and have had no issues with any of them. There are certainly things that can be upgraded / added on all of them, but they have functioned fine for me right out of the box.
Fit and finish is my main issue I deal with all sorts of Ruger products and I am just not pleased with the quality, i guess for the money they are fine but it just ins't my cup of tea.