• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes best scope for 1000 bucks

Re: best scope for 1000 bucks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZmanwithaGinhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you pay 1,000$ for a snooper sniper? I'm curious, cuz ss is not even in the same category as $1,000 scopes! </div></div>

The 10x HD is $799. It is an all new scope, not the $300 one that you are thinking of. Its going to be tough to beat until you can get one of the new Vortex scopes, if they live up to the billing that they are receiving.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1408578

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beltfed74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know theyre not the latest fad, or very popular around here, but if I had to spend a grand it would be a Leupold.
</div></div>

Would be looling at Vortex PST...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZmanwithaGinhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you pay 1,000$ for a snooper sniper? I'm curious, cuz ss is not even in the same category as $1,000 scopes! </div></div>

Neither are some $1000 scopes! I'll say it again-my 16X SS gives nothing up to my 16X MK4, except price.

and btw-Zman, a 16X SS would be perfect for the application you were talking about in another thread....

besides i don't even have a 1,000 to buy a scope with! I have shot a 10x, but it just didn't appeal to me. I do not keep up on optics, i am looking to upgrade but prolly to a falcon or millet, cuz thats what i can afford. Why would i wanna put a 1,000$ scope on a 500.00$ rifle? I recon if i wasn't a cop, i could afford to spend more, but instead i go out and put myself in jeopardy to keep people safe for...well not much money. I do enjoy it though.

To quote what was said in another thread, plenty of critters have fallen to a fixed 10x scope, even more to 4x and 6x. Nothing wrong with them, really. And what they say about you getting what you pay for is generally true. SS scopes appear to be the rare exception.

I'm looking for a scope in the same price range and it looking like the Zeiss is going to be it for me.
The Vortex PST may turn out to be a better scope, but I'm not going to be the first guy to buy it and find out.