Best scope/reticle to use past 1 mile (37XC)

Jimmy D in AK

Myrmidon
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Alaska (AK)
Hey guys (& some gals),

I’m starting my journey past a mile and I’ve laid to rest my 338LM and had a 37XC built. While I’m just about certain on my projectile and load... I’m struggling with which scope to buy. I’ve whittled it down to: NF ATACR w/Mil-T, ZCO w/MPCT-1 or S&B w/LLR-Mil.

let me know what you all think.

really leaning toward the ZCO

thanks
-James

I’ve been using a ZCO with the mpct1 and 2 reticle. I have really liked that scope and the mpct1 works really well for elr work. I’ve shot out to 2750 but usually shoot 2010yds and in. I’ve had a 5-45x56 s&b h2cmr on that gun as well and it was a great scope but ZCO glass is noticeably better to my eyes.

My setup is a AXMC 30moa built in and a 0mil spuhr I could easily dial the 33xc out to 2750yds. If spuhr would come out with a 3-6 mil mount I could take full advantage of the elevation adjustment in the scope.

Reactions: GIXXER2000
I run a S&B 3x27 with H59 ( 34mil version). I like the fact that the H59 is open above the centerline makes it easier to spot your shoots. Also if you plan on shooting ELR 2000 plus yards what type of mount are you going to use? Also are you going use an adjustable base or Charlie Tarac to get the mil/moa needed for shooting passed 2500 yards.
Lots to think about.

I’ve been using a ZCO with the mpct1 and 2 reticle. I have really liked that scope and the mpct1 works really well for elr work. I’ve shot out to 2750 but usually shoot 2010yds and in. I’ve had a 5-45x56 s&b h2cmr on that gun as well and it was a great scope but ZCO glass is noticeably better to my eyes.

My setup is a AXMC 30moa built in and a 0mil spuhr I could easily dial the 33xc out to 2750yds. If spuhr would come out with a 3-6 mil mount I could take full advantage of the elevation adjustment in the scope.
Thanks, I’m running a BAT L action that has a 30 MOA rail killed into it... I’ll check and see if SPUHR has made a mount w/cant . Truly appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: Bravo6niner
I run a S&B 3x27 with H59 ( 34mil version). I like the fact that the H59 is open above the centerline makes it easier to spot your shoots. Also if you plan on shooting ELR 2000 plus yards what type of mount are you going to use? Also are you going use an adjustable base or Charlie Tarac to get the mil/moa needed for shooting passed 2500 yards.
Lots to think about.
Going to run a Charlie Tarac

Reactions: kthomas
Tangent Theta TT525P 5-25x56 Gen 3 XR
Minox ZP5 5-25x56 MR4
ZCO ZC527 5-27x56
NF ATACR F1 7-35x56 T3 SP4801
SB PMII 5-45x56 T3 Adj ERA-TAC

Last 2 is what I ran in my 375 AM (SB) and 338 LM (NF) out to 3,000+ yards.

Would like to try the top 3. Definitely recommend the NF and SB.
Thanksfor the suggestions! It confirms I’m thinking in the right direction (I’m going to go show this to my wife?)

Sadly only got behind the Nightforce 7-35 at distances like these but its an amazing optic to get behind and optical clarity at those long distance really stay sharp.

I tried mostly scopes mentioned above for ELR 375CT
for FFP scopes IMO the LRR ret is the best for ELR (smallest finest dot of all FFP)
This ret is a wash inside 1k yards dot almost too fine but outside ik you center that even 20×20 at a mile..again its just my preference and opinion

Reactions: Jimmy D in AK
I know it’s not on your list, but the gen2 razor is used by a lot of guys with great success.

I run an old school sfp atacr on my 375 and was glad I did when we shot at 2900 yards with a 25mph full value wind. Being able to dial a lot more windage than the new atacr and just have to hold a little was something I never thought about until I needed it.