Best Tripod for Predator Hunting

The best would be a 2 or 3 series Really RightStuff with Anvil head.

If you're on a budget look at the Shadow PIG0311.

Reactions: deersniper
Fiesol 3372 with rrs ta-3 leveling head is what I use.
The head doesn't have as much travel as an anvil 30 and if I were to do it again I would get the anvil.
But the tripod is very stable, and lighter than an rrs , for hunting I like it better. If it was for matches I would go rrs.
Hope this helps

I have a Fiesol 3442 with the older RRS leveling head and an Innorel RT90C with an adapter and the RRS Anvil 30. The Fiesol is lighter, but the RT90 is a lot more stable.
Phone pictures 6-16-21 106.jpg
Phone pictures 6-16-21 2060.jpg

Reactions: Jabot
#1, I am not trying to derail this thread.

Is there a reason that so many people are opting for a tripod over a set of shooting sticks?

I am being serious and I just would like to know.

Please disregard this post if it derails this thread and thank you for your time and information.

Is there a reason that so many people are opting for a tripod over a set of shooting sticks?

Please disregard this post if it derails this thread and thank you for your time and information.
It depends on your shooting situation. Where I am it is easier to lock the rifle in and be hands free with a scan light. Then transition to the rifle when I need to with its light. I can stand or sit and still be able to do what I need with my hands at any given time.

Way more stable than shooting sticks. With the option of standing, sitting, kneeling and prone. Plus u have the option of using binoculars and spotting scope locked in for glassing. Shooting sticks are probably a little faster, just depends on your presence

Reactions: 260284
Two Vets “no name tripod” looks like a good deal. A little over $400. Will probably be what i buy as my first predator hunting tripod. Alot of people seem to like them. Plus youre supporting two vets and their families.