• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sidearms & Scatterguns Best Upgrade to XD(m) 9mm 5.25

Re: Best Upgrade to XD(m) 9mm 5.25

TRIGGER! I want to get a PRP Ultimate Trigger Kit in mine but I am a little hesitant to try to do it myself. Anybody have any input on that? I am pretty good at tinkering but I don't want to F@#$ up such a nice gun.

There are good videos available on youtube to guide you through the PRP ultimate kit installation. Mine took me ~45 minutes, and is a huge improvement.

do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love my XDm, I went with Springer for my trigger, nice improvement but shipping back and forth adds cost. </div></div>

Shipping is a killer.

A PRP is an easy drop it kit. and I think "feels" better the springer BUT springer precision is bullet proof.

It's not the "best" upgrade but don't forget to get yourself an anodized aluminum cocked indicator guide to replace the plastic one. Take's all of about 2 minutes to install.

Another PRP fan here. If you want to switch the sights out as well, I think shipping is covered in their charge for sight replacement or it was when i was pricing it out a year or so back. Own an XDm .40 & just tried the new 5.25 & it's a great gun!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.A.T.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love my XDm, I went with Springer for my trigger, nice improvement but shipping back and forth adds cost. </div></div>

Shipping is a killer.

A PRP is an easy drop it kit. and I think "feels" better the springer BUT springer precision is bullet proof. </div></div>

I have another XDm and will probably use this kit to save the shipping.

2.5# Canyon Creek trigger is what I run, it's the next thing to a good 1911 trigger. Nearly EVERYONE who shoots it lets one go before they're expecting it, it doesn't feel like a plastic gun trigger anymore. Springer Precision and Powder River do a good trigger job to, but the DIY triggers don't compare to having them work it for you.

FYI, Canyon Creek uses the factory striker spring, not a reduced power spring like some others. It hits the primer just as hard as factory.