BHTC 2 Day Precision Rifle, at MCSA, AAR 9/10-11

fargo007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Bucks County, PA
www.bhtcorps.com
What a great group of guys to train with.

I wrote up an AAR in case anyone's databook pages are missing an explanation of a certain exercise.

http://bhtcorps.com/sep10112dayprecision/aar.html

Thanks to On-target gun shop, Steve, Chris, JT and Dave Wells for your assistance and effort to make the course productive and enjoyable for everyone.

If you have any pics, please send them to us at bhtcorps AT gmail.com. We are always so busy during a course, we have zero time to take them!

We will be extending a satisfaction survey out to the shooters, but if you have some impressions you would like to share, please do so!

Thanks,

Freddy & Mike
BHTC

Re: BHTC 2 Day Precision Rifle, at MCSA, AAR 9/10-11

Freddy, Mike & Everyone involved

Was meaning to write an email but I think its better posted publicly. As someone who has never participated in this type of event, you guys really put on a good show. I was worried I would get lost in the shuffle but was never more than a stones throw away from either an Instructor or a more experienced shooter than myself.

Most valuable lesson was learning my own capabilities, as well as the capabilities of my equipment. I gained a new appreciation to the art of ranging with a mil reticle. Just a .1 mil difference was making an upsettingly large discrepancy with correct ranges. However now I know what to practice, and with the newfound understanding/appreciation of data recording I'll be able to make sense of things on my own.

My only suggestion for future courses is to bring a MINIMUM of 200 rounds! Had no idea we would get so much time to 'fire at will'. And the clay pigeons on day 2 was a great test at spotting/calling your own shots.

All in all this class has motivated me to get more active in the regional shooting scene. I was oblivious to how much was going on, and the great guys involved on a semi-local level. Was a pleasure to meet you all and Im sure to see you again.

I'm surprised there was anything left of that plate after the volley of .50 cal out of the Barrett and AI...

I didn't get many (since I was busy shooting) but Ill have to send you some other pics/video I got in the morning.

Freddy and Mike
Great content.....great instruction in the classroom....as well as on the line.
What I found particularly appealing and refreshing was how the instructors effected the content, dynamically, to the needs or skill sets of the individual shooter or team. For example; a more advanced shooter was encouraged to employ other more advanced shooting techniques under the oversight of the instructor. Challenging the shooter and providing positive reinforcement and feedback. Likewise, less experienced shooters were provided more personalized instruction, on the shooting line, based on their skill sets and limitations to shoot more confidently, without trepidation, minimizing anxiety.
I felt that you and your line instructors brought a litany of perspective both to the classroom as well as the line, leveraging years of practical and operational experience both from a LE and Military perspective.
Whether you are an accomplished benchrest shooter, recreational shooter, hunter or professional long gunner; you would certainly benefit from the content associated with the curriculum. It will augment and improve your existing skills.
Your approach coupled with the course environment, specifically; being overly approachable and accessible, makes the student more confident and comfortable.
I would certainly endorse the program and encourage others to make the investment and attend the training.

Freddy, Mike, and the rest of the coaches-

Thanks for a great couple of days of learning and shooting. The classroom material went along at a pace that prevented anyone from drifting off, but yet people who had questions could get clarifications as needed. Very well done.

The range portion was much the same way. The drills were laid out and you could tackle them at your own speed. And there was plenty of time to practice them again if needed, or move on to something else and challenge yourself till the next drill.

It was my first time shooting past 250 yards. I had no MV from a chrono, so I had no good data to even start with. So yes, I was thrilled to be able to hit the steel target out at 1000. Took me a while to see my hits and walk them in, but it was awesome to have that first hit!

And thanks to the guys on either side of me for spotting when I needed a hand. For some of the targets in the brush, I needed that help getting on target. It is greatly appreciated.

The Nov match is not looking too good for me for timing. But I'll be keeping my eyes open for any such matches next spring. That seems like it would be a lot of fun!

ETA - The range facilities and the people from the range were just fantastic. A great place to shoot and a great group of people to make us feel welcome. I really wish I lived closer!