Big Fire In Ruidoso,NM

ZiaHunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2012
    Southern NM
    Big wildfire in Ruidoso,Lincoln County NM. Started on the Mescalero Rez and spreading rapidly due to extreme fire conditions and high winds. Unconfirmed reports there were initially seven fires started by an arsonist who supposedly is in custody. We have a family cabin in the Upper Canyon off Main that is threatened and by the way the fire is moving won't be there long. Was in Capitan earlier this month for an F-Class match and there were a number of fire fighting helicopters staged at the airport. But based on the size of the fire and how fast it is moving they will need far more resources.

Salt and South Fork Fires. 35 acres at 5:15 grows to 2800 acres by 8:30. Entire town is being evacuated. Screen shot from 7:00 pm:
    1718680763290.png

Last edited:
    Reactions: ZiaHunter
    Salt and South Fork Fires. 35 acres at 5:15 grows to 2800 acres by 8:30. Entire town is being evacuated. Screen shot from 7:00 pm:
    View attachment 8441192
    The fire that is threatening our place is the South Fork fire with our place being due west on Main in the Upper Canyon to the left in this screenshot.

If people are to be affected, I hope it's only Leftists, and I hope all other living things get away unharmed.
    Lincoln County is one of the few red spots in NM. Lots of oil field money in Ruidoso. Unit 34 is one of the best elk units in NM and had a 5x5 bull in velvet at my place over the weekend. I do hope that the wildlife outruns the fire.

Big wildfire in Ruidoso,Lincoln County NM. Started on the Mescalero Rez and spreading rapidly due to extreme fire conditions and high winds. Unconfirmed reports there were initially seven fires started by an arsonist who supposedly is in custody. We have a family cabin in the Upper Canyon off Main that is threatened and by the way the fire is moving won't be there long. Was in Capitan earlier this month for an F-Class match and there were a number of fire fighting helicopters staged at the airport. But based on the size of the fire and how fast it is moving they will need far more resources.

That's too bad ruidoso is beautiful. It's also pretty mountainous and rural so gonna be hard to fight a fire there.

Reactions: sandhiller
    Prayers for all those effected. If they have the arsonist who set it they ought to burn him at the stake...slowly.
    Normally, I would be all for that. I like eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.

However, how about we garnish his wages forever to pay back all those whom he has harmed? Granted, getting rid of him gets rid of at least one fire danger. And I know most people have insurance. But what often happens is not only does the survivor have to pay a deductible, they also get higher rates.

But, yeah, at the least, send him into the lake of fire as a poetic justice.

Reactions: sandhiller
    Lincoln County is one of the few red spots in NM. Lots of oil field money in Ruidoso. Unit 34 is one of the best elk units in NM and had a 5x5 bull in velvet at my place over the weekend. I do hope that the wildlife outruns the fire.
    Is it possible the alleged arsonist lit the fires specifically because he wanted to ruin the lives of the real Americans?

Reactions: BCP and Ichi
    Unfortunately my Sister and her husband were evacuated this morning.
    They are directly in the path. it is about 3/4 mile away and moving right at them
    with a 20-25 MPH tailwind.
    No cell service just text from a friend that is on the west side.
    Dont know about the house etc. Got the dogs and left............
    They keep everything mowed and cleared around the house and shop
    and house has a metal roof.
    Prayers are in order for Lincoln county.
    Lots of volunteers mobilizing as of this AM.
    Bitch of a governor finally declared an emergency so they can get the National guard moving.
    What a cluster

Our governor is an idiot. She gave a press conference today on the fire and was total embarrassment. Wife watched and totally pissed her off with respect to her lack of empathy and compassion. She is a fucking leftist c**t and hates the SE portion of the state because it is red but sure like all the severance taxes generated by the oil patch which keeps the state afloat financially.