My Quest for the Big 5 (kinda…)

Trophy hunting - hunting big game just so that you can either boast about what you have killed and/or to mount the animals head on the wall. In my opinion, just sad e.g. https://www.worldanimalprotection.org/latest/blogs/cecil-lion/

As I have said above, no issues with hunting for food/land conservation, etc, in fact I shoot simulated hunts (fixed target deer, running boar) . At a clay shoot many years ago, someone bought a couple of rabbits they had hunted the previous night because someone wanted to cook them, I encouraged by son (then aged <10 years old) to watch them prepared (gutted and skinned), so that he is aware where meat comes from.
<------ PETA is that way.

Trophy hunting - hunting big game just so that you can either boast about what you have killed and/or to mount the animals head on the wall. In my opinion, just sad e.g. https://www.worldanimalprotection.org/latest/blogs/cecil-lion/

As I have said above, no issues with hunting for food/land conservation, etc, in fact I shoot simulated hunts (fixed target deer, running boar) . At a clay shoot many years ago, someone bought a couple of rabbits they had hunted the previous night because someone wanted to cook them, I encouraged by son (then aged <10 years old) to watch them prepared (gutted and skinned), so that he is aware where meat comes from.
I dont think you understand the word "conservation". You're obviously not a hunter, which is understandable since you're from a country that hunting is a sport for royalty not peasants...

So a native african in Zimbabwe can shoot a lion with his AK47 to protect his cows and his family, that is ok in your mind? They will then shoot every lion they see and poison them lion/lioness/cub they dont care because they fear them and they destroy their livelihood(cows).

But a traveling hunter pays $50-100,000 dollars to shoot a large male lion for the same reason he's a small dicked piece of shit???

By putting large value on lions the people will tolerate them eating there cows and pulling their family out of huts in the night and killing them. They then let the hunters come in and pay to shoot the lion. The money then goes to building schools, funding anti-poaching teams, and employing locals. The hunters and the government have very strict regulations on the hunting. Few permits are authorized and the lions age must be 6yrs or older which is past prime breeding age.

Without these "Trophy Hunters" lions would be poisioned to near extinction. The countries that allow sport hunting of lions have the largest healthiest populations of lion in Africa. The countries that have banned sport hunting have the lowest ie; Kenya.

But go ahead and keep shaming the guys putting money where there mouth is conserving the greatest fauna and flora in the world.

But keep bitching and be careful on what you say your goverment might imprison you for insiting hate speach, lol

^^^ Your comment "I dont think you understand the word "conservation". You're obviously not a hunter, which is understandable since you're from a country that hunting is a sport for royalty not peasants...", isn't correct, I know many people at my shooting clubs that hunt and they are neither royalty or wealthy. They just don't hunt for sport.

^^^ Your comment "But keep bitching and be careful on what you say your goverment might imprison you for insiting hate speach, lol", is very sadly heading that way, I hope that the USA doesn't get as bad.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is to the left. WAY LEFT!!

You'd fit in there, if you aren't already a member.
I am a right wing conservative (never voted for any party on the left), but also an atheist, and also not vegetarian, you don't have to be a lefty to not support trophy hunting.

Reactions: geek65
I am a right wing conservative (never voted for any party on the left), but also an atheist, and also not vegetarian, you don't have to be a lefty to not support trophy hunting.
OZ0HQxl.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: geek65
Well, I guess I'll just block him. I can tolerate most opposing opinions, but someone who takes a militant ethical stance based on the ignorance of a subject is more than I can stomach. We have enough issues with anti-hunters to have someone who calls themselves a "conservative" and bashes someone for participating in a system that is literally responsible for any and all conservation that has occurred in Africa for the last 200 years. Europeans gave up their balls centuries ago.

I'm so pro hunting that I wouldn't criticize anyone for any legal method of hunting, anywhere on the planet. That's what an actual conservative would do, because you'll never catch me standing on the same side of any line across from legal hunters and surrounded by antis. That line is really simple for me.

@Rob01

Hey sir, do we allow this here? Bashing people for legal and ethical hunting practices?

I hope you ban everyone on this idiot's general vicinity. Please launch this moron.

How sad trying to cancel someone because they have a different opinion to you, that sounds like something a lefty would do, they don't want to hear your opinion, just their opinion from your mouth.

How sad trying to cancel someone because they have a different opinion to you, that sounds like something a lefty would do, they don't want to hear your opinion, just their opinion from your mouth.
I forgot to block you, so I'll bite.

I don't care about hearing my opinion from your mouth, but what you are doing is absolutely what lefties do and I'll prove it.

What is the number one threat to the game animals that you're opposed to the hunting of?

Is it "trophy hunters" as you've called them, or perhaps habitat loss? Is it climate warming, cooling, stasis, or (whatever we are pretending is happening this week)?

What is responsible for the extrapation of large and small animals from the African continent in the last 200 years?

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is to the left. WAY LEFT!!

You'd fit in there, if you aren't already a member.
Don’t get on PETA. I am a confirmed and dedicated member (of PETA). Don’t know where those crazies got the idea to steal the name of a fine organization of which I am a charter member. PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals.

Don’t know shit about that other peta

As far as legal trophy hunting. First, the license money is the ONLY contribution to fund the wild life officials who are saving these animals from poaching. The fees paid to the PH’s and their employees provide a substantial contribution to the local economy. Certain animals such as elephants, provide a MUCH needed quantity of protein for the local population. They treat Elephant like we treat hogs, nothing left but the holler. It is said that one elephant, can provide the needed meat for a village for an entire year!

In the United States, efforts to bring back the Sheep populations and goat populations as well as the bears, and turkeys would never have occurred without the fees from hunters. NO ONE pays a fortune, trekking for days in the high mountains, to get a big horn ram, jsut for the meat. However, without sport hunters, there would be no bucks, without the bucks, there would be no young bighorns bucking in the mountains

Don’t like it, you don’t have to do it. But being so vocal to those who provide so much to the preservation of these animals, shows a pettiness, and a selfishness. And a total lack of foresight.

My opinion, yours may vary. However, anyone is free to become a member of PETA (I cook a mean burger, fine tacos, a killer Canyon Casserole, grilled sausage, burgers and chicken, an outstanding grilled chicken salad and my steaks are to die for) People (are welcome at my place to) Eat Tasty Animals.

And yes, when we can hunt, venison is in almost every meal.

As I always say, there is a place for all GOD’s creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Well, I guess I'll just block him. I can tolerate most opposing opinions, but someone who takes a militant ethical stance based on the ignorance of a subject is more than I can stomach. We have enough issues with anti-hunters to have someone who calls themselves a "conservative" and bashes someone for participating in a system that is literally responsible for any and all conservation that has occurred in Africa for the last 200 years. Europeans gave up their balls centuries ago.

I'm so pro hunting that I wouldn't criticize anyone for any legal method of hunting, anywhere on the planet. That's what an actual conservative would do, because you'll never catch me standing on the same side of any line across from legal hunters and surrounded by antis. That line is really simple for me.
Yeah, differing opinions hurt, huh? Ban someone for their opinion on a subject, sport, political view....wtf? Facebook might suit you better.

Don’t get on PETA. I am a confirmed and dedicated member (of PETA). Don’t know where those crazies got the idea to steal the name of a fine organization of which I am a charter member. PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals.

Don’t know shit about that other peta

As far as legal trophy hunting. First, the license money is the ONLY contribution to fund the wild life officials who are saving these animals from poaching. The fees paid to the PH’s and their employees provide a substantial contribution to the local economy. Certain animals such as elephants, provide a MUCH needed quantity of protein for the local population. They treat Elephant like we treat hogs, nothing left but the holler. It is said that one elephant, can provide the needed meat for a village for an entire year!

In the United States, efforts to bring back the Sheep populations and goat populations as well as the bears, and turkeys would never have occurred without the fees from hunters. NO ONE pays a fortune, trekking for days in the high mountains, to get a big horn ram, jsut for the meat. However, without sport hunters, there would be no bucks, without the bucks, there would be no young bighorns bucking in the mountains

Don’t like it, you don’t have to do it. But being so vocal to those who provide so much to the preservation of these animals, shows a pettiness, and a selfishness. And a total lack of foresight.

My opinion, yours may vary. However, anyone is free to become a member of PETA (I cook a mean burger, fine tacos, a killer Canyon Casserole, grilled sausage, burgers and chicken, an outstanding grilled chicken salad and my steaks are to die for) People (are welcome at my place to) Eat Tasty Animals.

And yes, when we can hunt, venison is in almost every meal.

As I always say, there is a place for all GOD’s creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.
I thought about adding that, but didn't want to trigger him too much right off the bat.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
I thought this was a super cool thread, until geeksuckscommiecock dicked it up. It is the pit though.

I grew up dreaming of hunts like this, and still plan to go on at least one. The list of animals that I want to hunt has changed over the years for a few different reasons, but I would never hold it against someone to hunt what they want. Especially when they are doing more for conservation than any tree hugger ever has. Only the ignorant don't realize that the biggest and by far most impactful group of conservationists, who love wildlife and wildlands, are hunters and fishermen.

I enjoy a good debate, being an adult is about accepting others may have a different opinion to you. However, many on this topic only seem to accept their own viewpoint.

Back on topic. Isn't it better to preserve big game animals by letting them live, then the community can benefit by allowing others to enjoy them by going on a safari? Surely they would make more money charging people to look at such animals rather than a few shooting them.

I enjoy a good debate, being an adult is about accepting others may have a different opinion to you. However, many on this topic only seem to accept their own viewpoint.

Back on topic. Isn't it better to preserve big game animals by letting them live, then the community can benefit by allowing others to enjoy them by going on a safari? Surely they would make more money charging people to look at such animals rather than a few shooting them.
You enjoy a good debate, being an adult?

Motherfucker, you attacked the size of the man's penis in your opening salvo. You're a clown.

Your second paragraph illustrates your complete ignorance of African conservation. You are a moron, and there needs be no further debate on that matter. And who are you to place judgent on how another totally unrelated continent handles their wildlife? Very colonial of you. You have zero knowledge of the situation, and clearly, even though a half dozen people in this conversation have attempted to steer you towards some of your own research, here you stand, still ignorant and ready to die on this hill of bullshit surrounded by cat ladies and anti-hunters. You guys lost your country to..... well everyone. You are the men that watched Europe destroyed on your watch. Thousands of years of worldwide dominance, and now you let them arrest you for memes. Go fix your own house before you worry about anyone elses.

@geek65 great question. Photo tourists go to National Parks to take pictures. This does not help rural communities where there is wildlife conflict. Those rural communities do not see photo tourist dollars. Hunters contribute majority of dollars to rural communities where anti poaching efforts are needed and create jobs for those communities. A full bag safari in Tanzania is $100,000+, how many photo tourists does it take to raise 100 grand? and what is the impact to the environment of 500+ photographers driving around in land rovers vs 1 guy hunting for the same economic impact?
1000002545.png

10 Facts That Prove Hunting Drives Conservation​

1. Passed in 1937 with the support of hunters, the Pittman-Robertson Act, created an 11% tax on firearms, ammunition and other sporting equipment fund conservation. To date, more than $15 billion has been raised.
  2. Funding for game wardens in the U.S. comes from state wildlife agencies that also receive the bulk of their funding from hunting-related revenue.
  3. Hunters are the driving force behind conservation in North America, facilitating the recovery of dozens of game animals and helping to protect wildlife habitat across the continent. The North American Model of Conservation is entirely based on the foundation of sustainable-use hunter-conservationists.
  4. 1.4 million square kilometers of land is conserved for hunting in Africa. That is more than all formally protected areas on the continent combined, exceeding the total national park area by 22%, or an area over twice the size of Texas.
  5. Hunting has contributed to the recovery of biodiversity around the world, including the Southern White Rhino, which has grown from 30 individuals in the 1900s to over 21,000 today. Other species include the Black Rhino, Hartman's Mountain Zebra, Markhor, and Argali Sheep.
  6. The hunting industry supports over 86,000 jobs in just five African Sub-Saharan countries.
  7. Hunting incentivizes tolerance for dangerous and problematic wildlife species, such as lions, elephants, or bears, and reduces retaliatory killing of conflict animals by local communities.
  8. Hunting provides 45% of direct cash returns to communal conservancies in Namibia, making its community-based approach the economic driver for conservation and an excellent example of how sustainable use practices benefit wildlife.
  9. Hunting operators in Africa support anti-poaching efforts on the ground by employing local people, mitigating human-wildlife conflict, and providing game meat to communities.
  10. The CAMPFIRE program in Zimbabwe benefits 777,000 households, or 255 of all households in the country, and provides $620,000 annually to community development projects and $310,000 to drought relief and is funded 90% by income from hunting.

@geek65 great question. Photo tourists go to National Parks to take pictures. This does not help rural communities where there is wildlife conflict. Those rural communities do not see photo tourist dollars. Hunters contribute majority of dollars to rural communities where anti poaching efforts are needed and create jobs for those communities. A full bag safari in Tanzania is $100,000+, how many photo tourists does it take to raise 100 grand? and what is the impact to the environment of 500+ photographers driving around in land rovers vs 1 guy hunting for the same economic impact?
View attachment 8491391

10 Facts That Prove Hunting Drives Conservation​

1. Passed in 1937 with the support of hunters, the Pittman-Robertson Act, created an 11% tax on firearms, ammunition and other sporting equipment fund conservation. To date, more than $15 billion has been raised.
  2. Funding for game wardens in the U.S. comes from state wildlife agencies that also receive the bulk of their funding from hunting-related revenue.
  3. Hunters are the driving force behind conservation in North America, facilitating the recovery of dozens of game animals and helping to protect wildlife habitat across the continent. The North American Model of Conservation is entirely based on the foundation of sustainable-use hunter-conservationists.
  4. 1.4 million square kilometers of land is conserved for hunting in Africa. That is more than all formally protected areas on the continent combined, exceeding the total national park area by 22%, or an area over twice the size of Texas.
  5. Hunting has contributed to the recovery of biodiversity around the world, including the Southern White Rhino, which has grown from 30 individuals in the 1900s to over 21,000 today. Other species include the Black Rhino, Hartman's Mountain Zebra, Markhor, and Argali Sheep.
  6. The hunting industry supports over 86,000 jobs in just five African Sub-Saharan countries.
  7. Hunting incentivizes tolerance for dangerous and problematic wildlife species, such as lions, elephants, or bears, and reduces retaliatory killing of conflict animals by local communities.
  8. Hunting provides 45% of direct cash returns to communal conservancies in Namibia, making its community-based approach the economic driver for conservation and an excellent example of how sustainable use practices benefit wildlife.
  9. Hunting operators in Africa support anti-poaching efforts on the ground by employing local people, mitigating human-wildlife conflict, and providing game meat to communities.
  10. The CAMPFIRE program in Zimbabwe benefits 777,000 households, or 255 of all households in the country, and provides $620,000 annually to community development projects and $310,000 to drought relief and is funded 90% by income from hunting.

Good response and well put, unlike the the person above.

You enjoy a good debate, being an adult?

Motherfucker, you attacked the size of the man's penis in your opening salvo. You're a clown.

Your second paragraph illustrates your complete ignorance of African conservation. You are a moron, and there needs be no further debate on that matter. And who are you to place judgent on how another totally unrelated continent handles their wildlife? Very colonial of you. You have zero knowledge of the situation, and clearly, even though a half dozen people in this conversation have attempted to steer you towards some of your own research, here you stand, still ignorant and ready to die on this hill of bullshit surrounded by cat ladies and anti-hunters. You guys lost your country to..... well everyone. You are the men that watched Europe destroyed on your watch. Thousands of years of worldwide dominance, and now you let them arrest you for memes. Go fix your own house before you worry about anyone elses.
There are many funny and interesting members on here, but that isn't you, however, the post after yours made a very well thought out and eloquent argument and gave an alternative viewpoint to mine. I haven'y changed my opinion, but I do respect the points made by @Wyfox

There are many funny and interesting members on here, but that isn't you, however, the post after yours made a very well thought out and eloquent argument and gave an alternative viewpoint to mine. I haven'y changed my opinion, but I do respect the points made by @Wyfox
Of course you haven't changed your opinion. Nobody thought you would change your opinion. You think letting your kid watch someone else skin a rabbit puts you in the same camp as hunters. I killed my first spruce grouse at 5 in Alaska and ate them. Wild game has been a significant part of my diet all of my life. I've killed more animals than you've seen outside of captivity. You are as detached from the natural world as a human can be. You have no understanding of the hunter, our morality or our lifestyles. Your comments here would be the equivalent of me telling you how to crochet a blanket. You're in 20' of water and you can't swim, but you're telling other people that they are doing it wrong.

Of course you haven't changed your opinion. Nobody thought you would change your opinion. You think letting your kid watch someone else skin a rabbit puts you in the same camp as hunters. I killed my first spruce grouse at 5 in Alaska and ate them. Wild game has been a significant part of my diet all of my life. I've killed more animals than you've seen outside of captivity. You are as detached from the natural world as a human can be. You have no understanding of the hunter, our morality or our lifestyles. Your comments here would be the equivalent of me telling you how to crochet a blanket. You're in 20' of water and you can't swim, but you're telling other people that they are doing it wrong.
You seem to be of the opinion that I am against all hunting, which I am not, I know many hunters (mainly deer, fox, rabbit). I don't have any problem with hunting (I eat fish and meat), I was expressing an opinion that I don't agree with trophy hunting, that's is all.

By allowing my young child at the time to watch the rabbit preparation I wasn't under any illusion that I was the same as an hunter as you put it, I was inferring that I didn't have a problem with hunting to 'put it in the pot.

You seem to be of the opinion that I am against all hunting, which I am not, I know many hunters (mainly deer, fox, rabbit). I don't have any problem with hunting (I eat fish and meat), I was expressing an opinion that I don't agree with trophy hunting, that's is all.

By allowing my young child at the time to watch the rabbit preparation I wasn't under any illusion that I was the same as an hunter as you put it, I was inferring that I didn't have a problem with hunting to 'put it in the pot.
I've killed about 90 deer in my life, and guess what? Aside from the 4 or 5 that I've donated, we've eaten them all. 16 of them have ended up hanging on my walls, too. Including this one.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

HL2S2xn.jpg

Define trophy hunting as you understand it.

Hunters hang there "Trophies" on the wall to respect the animal and to cherish the memories that were made. Especially the memories of traveling to the far reaches of the world experiencing hunts with different cultures and traditions than our own. If you think its for "gloat" and "small penis syndrome" you really have no clue.

You live in a country that doesnt allow the average person to hunt. Public land hunting for everyone doesnt exist. The people of your country do not own the wildlife the estates do. Hunting in the UK is and always will be mainly for the aristocrats. You cannot compare the two, they're worlds apart.

66 years of age when I had the privilege to take the deer on the right, 68 years of age when I was privileged to take the deer in the middle and 74 years of age when, I put the bullet through the heart and celebrated the life of this fine animal on the left who gave his life to nourish my Brenda and myself. He, was a rare stripped deer. As fine a trophy as a man could ask for

I handloaded the rounds that was used in each of these hunts. Every deer Brenda and I have been privileged to receive, We skinned, and quartered, put the quarters in a cooler and two to three days later, we processed and packaged all the meet. (With one exception, Brenda felt that the striped deer was too large for us to handle in our middle 70’s. A month earlier, we fully processed a much smaller deer)

Before we lost the hunting lease, we typically took two deer a year, and prided ourselves in going all the way from the shot to the table, doing everything ourselves. A real celebration of life given to us for our privilege to continue to live.

Hunting, not words, saves animals.

You did not come here to have a good debate or be an adult. You are trolling and opened with insults about the penis size of the hunter. Give us a break.

If you want a good debate, start your own thread and make and support your arguments for why the African wildlife would be better off without the money that safaris bring for protection and conservation.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
The African economy lives on hunting. You can call it trophy hunting or whatever. I don’t really care. The money I spent in Africa has supported multiple families for years. It is leading to conservation of rhino and lions in South Africa. The elephant was a problem for a village in Zimbabwe and once harvested, feed those villagers. The money for the leopard helps support the game rangers that patrol that national forest. It was an experience of a lifetime for me and made lots of people there very happy. The local villagers had a huge party after the leopard. They understood the impact that hunting had on their lives and it was positive. I was told that hunting was the number 3 contributor to the economy in Zimbabwe. I believe it is approximately the same in Namibia. Those countries survive on the US dollars brought in by hunting. They truly understand conservation. Way too many Americans want to act like they support conservation, but the hunting industry truly supports it. My dollars helped keep hundreds of rhinos fed and secure. My dollars are helping the Zimbabwe government manage protection of millions of acres of national forest.

Before you bash something, save your pennies and travel to Africa. Go on a safari and see how happy those villagers are when you kill an animal. They know they will have a meal for many days to come. The people are the biggest draw back to hunt. I take extra clothes and shoes with me when I go and leave as much as I can behind. The world is too small to stay in your little area of the US and judge everyone for hunting.

My 2 cents…