• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bix'n Andy trigger for Tikka T1x

What are you shooting? T3 or T1? I have been looking at the TAC sport with changeable shoes for some time now for my .22LR.
But I just visited B&A again and the have a competition 700 that has a weight of about 1/17 oz. Perfect for my wants.
I have had a TT Diamond and it was nice. I tried a Jewel and hated the creep it had even with the lightest spring. A Bix
felt like a good but pricey option.

The bix is extremely well made.

It also has tuneable firing pin catch distance which I recommend to slightly overdo (set it that it works with grease and quick bolt use and then put some more twist (1/5 to 1/8) into it, mark the screw with witness marks and then apply loctite)

Mine (T3 trigger fit on a Quad) is at 4.2 ounces / 120g.

Nowdays as I shoot mainly MR223 stock trigger that just runs better the more dirt goes in, I feel like I went a little bit too far with the BnA. But it is still nice to shoot with it and there are no regrets, I just need to tune it to higher weight.

Today I would perhaps start by polishing the stock trigger as I see trigger manipulation as a skill in itself, not a feature of the gun. Ofc I have not ever even touched cheap guns so I do not know how low you can go but the baseline of polished stock trigger should do. And for BR and positional shooting I think the BnA is a really nice advantage (not my cup of tea).