Blackhound Optics

Highbrass

Pew Tang Clan
Minuteman

Been looking at some of their scopes for a long range hunting rig.
Seem to be pretty nice for a Chinese Mfg optic.
Reminds me a lot of the Athalon products, but after looking a bit they seem to be made by the same factory that makes Primary 's stuff.
You guys seem to have all the industry inside info on all the optics.
Opinions ..Ideas

They are a decent value for what you pay. Blackhound is essentially thier own house brand. I will totally say that their customer service is awesome and communication is great.
The glass is pretty decent for the money.
Turrets are old styling and feel less crisp as I want them to but not horrible.
The reticle being a mil dot kind of sucks but if you were putting it on an AR or first rifle it would be fine.
Tracking was fine.
Nice that it comes with a set of rings if you were building your first AR and wanted a scope on it, too tall for anything else.

I've got a couple demos sitting here if you have any specific questions on them. It's a ton of value in the price point but there's a reason it shouldn't be compared to a 2k scope

If going the OEM China route id rather buy from a company that'll be around in a few years

Also the specs are sub par at best when comparing same price range with Vortex or Athlon

If people are worried about the warranty on a 400 scope they need to readjust expectations. We put this up against a diamondback tactical and this won in glass, turrets, tracking but definitely lost in reticle. We also compared to a Argos gen 2 and the glass on the blackhound was better, turrets were about the same and Argos killed with it's reticle.
I'm not promoting blackhound but I just because it's a house brand doesn't mean its not a decent value. I don't shoot with them, I'm not a dealer and I don't get anything for saying it.

I'm a bit of an optics hoarder and have quite a wide range of brands on my guns. When it comes to riflescopes I think you would be hard pressed to find any 100% made in the USA.
On the Blackhound 4~14 I think you will have a hard time matching it's quality at its $299 price.
For hunting out to 300 yards or paper punching at the range it checks a lot of boxes for me.

I would highly recommend checking out the Arken Optics SH4 Gen2 series of scopes. In side by side tests with both the Vortex Diamondback and the Blackhound scopes, Arken reigned supreme over them both.

The 4-16 version is $399, and the 6-24 version is $449. Lifetime warranty, FFP, illuminated reticle, zero stop… Awesome!!

DK

Attachments

• EF3BAD0C-1F63-468F-A7C2-3B9AF98A3C4C.jpeg
    EF3BAD0C-1F63-468F-A7C2-3B9AF98A3C4C.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 183
I'm a bit of an optics hoarder and have quite a wide range of brands on my guns. When it comes to riflescopes I think you would be hard pressed to find any 100% made in the USA.
On the Blackhound 4~14 I think you will have a hard time matching it's quality at its $299 price.
For hunting out to 300 yards or paper punching at the range it checks a lot of boxes for me.
Well geez, that seems like a pretty definitive statement, for someone who came here to ask about them. :unsure:

Well there are a few that come close.
Primary arms has one that is close in specs and price. But I have not done a side by side comparison.
The Athalon talos 4-14 is a really nice scope with a Christmas tree reticle which I prefer but it lists for about $75 more.
I'm just trying to find other makers that are comparable, and in the same price range.
I also have an Arken 6-24 on order right now (should be arriving in a week or 2)
I think all the Arken scopes are 34mm? So I'm pretty sure they will be a bit better and a bit higher priced.
I will know on that count soon enough.