• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Boooooooooooooo Remington!

Re: Boooooooooooooo Remington!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rick S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had the same thing happen to me three weeks ago. I paid for a Rem 700 in .308 and when it got delivered, and we opened the factory sealed box, the bbl was .223, but every other piece of documentation said .308, except the barrel. I called Remington and explained the problem and they seemed unconcerned. It is a matter of poor QC, as well as legalities, and liabilities. The wrong barrel was installed on a reciever that was assigned a different caliber and serial number. The gun store I made my purchase at, took it seriously enough that they now have a procedure to ensure that all firearms are checked and signed off at their warehouse, as to caliber, and not just serial numbers upon reciept from the various manufacturer's

Regards,

Rick

Greg, For you to resort to name calling the original poster demeans you not him. </div></div>

So this thing had a .308 or .223 bolt?

I have a 700 30.06 stainless steel BDL I purchased about 15 years ago just before a move to Alaska. This rifle has been beat to hell and is the "proverbial tack driver". I am and have been proud of this rifle at what it will do with factory loads. With that said, I'm uncomfortable buying another (From what I hear their qc and cs is hit and miss these days).

So the saga gets better.

I received a call from my local shop yesterday saying that the replacement is in and ready to pick up.

So I get in the car today to go pick it up. I get there and they bring me a brand new box, sealed up just like last time. And just like last time when we pulled the gun out, it was a 223 and not a 204 Ruger.

I ask him to see WTF is going on and he obliges.

He calls his distributor and seeks info. His distributor calls Remington and seeks info and finds out that the rifle that I ordered has been discontinued and is unavailable.

Fucking great.

Remington's answer was that it wasn't the wrong gun in the right box, but the right gun in the wrong box (as if it somehow makes a difference to me), and that there was no way to get the rifle that I had ordered.

Great job, Remington.

I looked around to see if there were any outstanding on the internet, and there was but at an unreasonable price.

So I decided to go with the 22" version of the same gun.

That's a whole other story (I didn't walk home with it due to some other error), but I SHOULD have one in hand on Friday.

Damn son... I am sorry to hear that it turned out that way. It's a bunch of crap that you couldn't have found that out from the beginning. Maybe you can find one if you throw an ad in the wanted section. Again sorry to hear how it turned out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes Remington look pretty bad if they cant get the correct box on a rifle, thats speaks poorly of their QC. </div></div>

A gentleman at the Sportsmans Warehouse told me today that they recently received a large shipment of rifles from Remington, and NONE had ANY BARREL MARKINGS WHATSOEVER to identify them.

I know that Remington pushes out a metric shitload of product every year and that things happen, but some things you just have to get right. Basic labeling of a firearm is one of them.

It is no secret that Remington has went down the tubes. I have 2 597 hmr 17 cal one lam & and one fiberglass and Remington will only give me 450.00 in a check only that can be spent on another Remington. I can not shoot bot 17,s due to the fact I may get injured. What is wrong with those people I too have decided to go the 204 ruger cal but not in a Remington brand just a upper read they are real tack drivers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes Remington look pretty bad if they cant get the correct box on a rifle, thats speaks poorly of their QC. </div></div>

A gentleman at the Sportsmans Warehouse told me today that they recently received a large shipment of rifles from Remington, and NONE had ANY BARREL MARKINGS WHATSOEVER to identify them.

I know that Remington pushes out a <span style="font-weight: bold">metric shitload</span> of product every year and that things happen, but some things you just have to get right. Basic labeling of a firearm is one of them.

</div></div>

Assload is metric. Shitload is SAE....just sayin'

Sorry to hear about this stupidity twice in a row. Be really, really glad you didn't get one of their 'unmarked' guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes Remington look pretty bad if they cant get the correct box on a rifle, thats speaks poorly of their QC. </div></div>

I know that Remington pushes out a <span style="font-weight: bold">metric shitload</span> of product every year and that things happen, but some things you just have to get right. Basic labeling of a firearm is one of them.

</div></div>

Assload is metric. Shitload is SAE....just sayin'
</div></div>

I'll make a note. LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is sad to hear, luckily though, I haven't had any problems with my Remington to have to deal with this crap. </div></div>

I have multiple Remingtons and haven't had any problems with any of them. I generally like their products.

But these kinds of issues are just plain stupid.