• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bottom metal

guncrazy72

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2008
North GA
I am looking at buying a detachable magazine assembly kit for my Remington 700 SPS and I have been looking at the HS precision. Has anyone used this before? If so has anyone had any problems with it?

Thanks

Re: Bottom metal

You can throw APA bottom metal into the mix too. I love the idea of having the mag release incorporated into the trigger guard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go with something that uses the AI magazine. My vote goes to Badger. It is quality. Not putting the other companies out, I just haven't used them. </div></div>

After looking around I think I am going to go with the Badger. I am looking at the sniper sniper countrypx website and they seem to have good prices. Does anyone know of anywhere else to buy them cheaper?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can throw APA bottom metal into the mix too. I love the idea of having the mag release incorporated into the trigger guard. </div></div>

+1

APA said 60+ days before it will be ready.............Oh the wait !

I have used H-S Magazines for years: zero problems on a couple of rifles. They are my first choice for hunting rifles because the magazine is flush with the stock. AICS mag is beyond reproach but don't like it sticking out from under my bolt action.