buds gun shop ?

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
not sure where to ask so trying here. any one dealt with them? web has +/- all over. usually buy from KY GUN but they don't show the specific gun i am looking at. i often see OOS on v.many of the guns they show. makes me suspicious. tx for any input.

Never had any issue with Buds except the showroom floor isn’t as cool as I’d hoped it would be. Still a neat place to visit, but I’ve never had an issue with their online sales department

I bought a Rem 700 from them 5 years ago...slow to ship...and I believe that it was a drop ship from Remington or some other distributor. But gun was fine.

Then I bought some ammo from them and it looked liked it was in a flooded warehouse for a year.

Bottom line for me is that they don't offer ANY telephone number...just email. I will not deal with any company again that won't put publish a CS phone number. Just me...but its my perogative.

Reactions: mosin46
At least 3 retail locations and they look legit.

I have shopped through GunBroker. Also, Shop Smart, usually picking up items at their location in Grand Prairie, Texas (they have another one in Benbrook, and another on the north side of Fort Worth.)

I have shopped and received items at Past and Blast in Whitesboro, Texas.

Transferred items at DFW Gun Club off of Mockingbird between I-35 and Harry Hines.

Black Beard Armory and Range in Sherman, Texas.

Riflegear in The Colony, Texas. They also have a nice 100 indoor range.

So, looking at the prices, they (Bud's Gun Shop) seem on par with everyone else, more or less.

I haven't used them in like 6yrs ,back then they had price match, I just made up a dealer and price about 50.00 less than advertised and they met me half way, worth a try, just don't get too greedy, 10-15 % is about as much as I'd try.

• Wow
Reactions: Schütze
Had excellent experiences with...
Euro Optic
KYGUNco
iAmmo
Rifle gear
Joe Bobs outfitters
Rainier......but I probably wouldn't use them these days due to Washington state BS laws
Aim Surplus
Primary Arms
Midway

These are for guns only, not accessories or ammo or whatever.
I've tried to purchase (don't recall what gun) from Buds in the past but it turned out to be so much trouble that I just gave up and got it from some other place.
There's probably a few other places I could put on that list but these just stood out due to exemplary experiences and everything going smoother than cat shit on a door knob.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Some dealers will not receive transfers from them, they had some quirky hoops for accepting dealers to jump thru, might check with your transfer dealer to make sure they have no issues accepting transfers from Bud's

They are GTG, however, inspect your purchase prior to doing the final paperwork.
Once you complete the paperwork, you have to deal with the manufacterer for warranty, if you reject it due to issues with it, Buds takes care of it.

not sure where to ask so trying here. any one dealt with them? web has +/- all over. usually buy from KY GUN but they don't show the specific gun i am looking at. i often see OOS on v.many of the guns they show. makes me suspicious. tx for any input.

Let's just say, Hickok45 endorses them in many of his videos. They supply him with guns he then tests on his channel.

Here's his Interview with Bud Wells:

Bought a brand new Tikka Super Varmint .223 from them last year that came with a fuckin magnum bolt. I don’t know if the boxes come sealed from Beretta but it had clearly been tampered with at some point.

Thank God I caught it prior to accepting the transfer… refunded the purchase without issue.

I just did my first purchase with them and other than being slow slow slow on paperwork and shipping they were ok. Im sure the second time will be better. Main complaint was shipping time was week and a half even after paperwork.

I have shopped through GunBroker. Also, Shop Smart, usually picking up items at their location in Grand Prairie, Texas (they have another one in Benbrook, and another on the north side of Fort Worth.)

Are we talking about Bud's retail locations? I thought they were in Ky.

If you are talking about Bud's, mind sharing the locations?

My dealer doesn't like to receive from them and the last transfer to another dealer was a cluster

My dealer doesn't like to receive from them and the last transfer to another dealer was a cluster
I have not been to Kentucky but they seem legit and others here live in that area and attest to their locations and quality of service.

Reactions: Darryle

My Local FFL charges $100 for online transfers, so I only order from Buds if a big sale or LGS can't get item. Links from retail stores from their home page:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240809-202300_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240809-202300_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 16

I was referencing this comment, but I see now you are talking about Shoot Smart, or at least I think you are.

IMG_4756.jpeg

I was referencing this comment, but I see now you are talking about Shoot Smart, or at least I think you are.

View attachment 8476859
Yeah, three seperate things. The locations of Shoot Smart. Then, shopping on GB and transferring at a few places. And then, third, shopping at Past and Blast. So, I was thinking Bud's is probably like Shoot Smart, most of all.

Reactions: Darryle
was an on line buy which i have done thru them several times with NP.
My Local FFL charges $100 for online transfers, so I only order from Buds if a big sale or LGS can't get item. Links from retail stores from their home page:

$100 transfer? that is absolutely naked abuse of a customer. max here is $40 and IMHO that is a rip off. LGS prices around here are usually msrp often + that. sales tax,transfer fee adds up. and yes,for some of us,price matters. most reasonable place here is rural king. selection/choices local are not too good for anything not bone common. a lot of overpriced ARs around. shows and pawn used prices are usually higher than new.don't know how some stay in biz.s

Damn around here brick & mortars charge 25, and most table tops are 20.
I don't blame lgs for charging $100 for transfers one bit. When I was a home based ffl, I accepted a ton of transfers from buds for $25/transfer. The number of numb skulls that have to be informed you're not Buds guns and they can't just track the package and show up right when ups delivers is unreal. Was definitely not worth $25. If someone orders a gun cause it's cheaper online definitely isn't buying a weapon light instore when it's delivered next day from Amazon cheaper.

That being said Buds is good to go.....great customer service both by phone and email. I've even traded used guns in to them and I consider their offers to be fair.

Grab a Gun has a quote feature, you can even ring them up and ask, they just charged a buddy 3 states over the flat $12.95 shipping on a shotgun and beat everything price wise online.

My dealer is a good friend, he mentioned what he has to do to receive from Bud's since he's a tabletop and I stopped even considering them. There are plenty of places without the headaches and the price is the same or close enough to not fret.