• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

buds gun shop ?

Grab a Gun has a quote feature, you can even ring them up and ask, they just charged a buddy 3 states over the flat $12.95 shipping on a shotgun and beat everything price wise online.

My dealer is a good friend, he mentioned what he has to do to receive from Bud's since he's a tabletop and I stopped even considering them. There are plenty of places without the headaches and the price is the same or close enough to not fret.

Frankly, I much prefer a private "Mom & Pop" like FFL that works out of their house, as opposed to a box store like Buds or Grab-a-Gun. I used to patronize "Shooter's World" Tampa as my indoor range, but never did any FFL transfers with them. Maybe it really doesn't matter, given the "omnipresence" of the ATF, but I have to figure that it will take them a bit longer to get to my private FFL for an audit than it will to audit a big box store. Not that they won't ever get to my FFL but, hopefully, my local FFL is much less of a priority and will take more time to get to, and the priority might not be to photo copy their book but just make sure that it's "in order."

And my local FFL charges $25.00 per session. Meaning, if I have 2-3 lowers and all he has to do is contact the FDLE once for all three, he only charges $25.00. I don't ever take delivery on more than one handgun at a time as that means extra paperwork to my local Sheriff and to the ATF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryle
Frankly, I much prefer a private "Mom & Pop" like FFL that works out of their house, as opposed to a box store like Buds or Grab-a-Gun. I used to patronize "Shooter's World" Tampa as my indoor range, but never did any FFL transfers with them. Maybe it really doesn't matter, given the "omnipresence" of the ATF, but I have to figure that it will take them a bit longer to get to my private FFL for an audit than it will to audit a big box store. Not that they won't ever get to my FFL but, hopefully, it will take more time, and the priority might not be to photo copy their book but just make sure that it's "in order."

And my local FFL charges $25.00 per session. Meaning, if I have 2-3 lowers and all he has to do is contact the FDLE once for all three, he only charges $25.00. I don't ever take delivery on more than one handgun at a time as that means extra paperwork to my local Sheriff and to the ATF.

What does Gaultierre and ATF have anything to do with multiple pistol purchases?

What does Gaultierre and ATF have anything to do with multiple pistol purchases?

Well, in my case, it's would not be "Gualtieri" but "Nocco" (Pasco County). Apparently, there is some Federal FFL Reg that states if someone takes delivery of more than one hand gun per FFL session, there's a form that has to be filled out by the FFL which is then sent to both the ATF, copied to the local CLEO or Sheriff. I only did that once, and never again, after my FFL explained it to me. He tried to deemphasize the severity ("Oh, they just file it... not a big deal"). I gather it's to nofity LE in the event someone tries to take delivery on a large number (eg. 5+ HGs). I was even going to wait the 5 business days (the mandatory wait time before you can visit the FFL again) to take delivery on the 2nd item, but he (FFL) tried to tell me it wasn't a big deal and not to worry. This was 2-3 years ago, and I've done other deiveries with the same FFL since then (all "Green/Proceed"), so....

How would they even know about "ammo" sales if it's "on-line?"

When you need it now, (which is a terrible plan) on line ordering is a waiting game.
Pasco residents can drive in three directions and buy whatever they need at that moment. Just not in their home county.

A state of emergency should not affect firearm and ammunition sales.

Again, on line isn't the issue.

People that own firearms should understand, they are useless without Ammunition IN HAND with the firearm.

The policy is still a leftist thing to do.

When you need it now, (which is a terrible plan) on line ordering is a waiting game.

Agreed, it's a terrible plan. And it why I always stay "stocked up."

Pasco residents can drive in three directions and buy whatever they need at that moment. Just not in their home county.

Funny you mention this. It seems the "Institute for Justice" has it in for Nocco. See the following YouTube Video:

not sure where to ask so trying here. any one dealt with them? web has +/- all over. usually buy from KY GUN but they don't show the specific gun i am looking at. i often see OOS on v.many of the guns they show. makes me suspicious. tx for any input.
They are GTG. At least they have been for me

I like buds in lexington KY, though I haven't been in years because I'm 2 hours away.
as you said the deals may not be mind blowing but if they have what you want at an acceptable price you'll be happy.