• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

building an M40A?

txserpent

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2010
got my remmington short action from a .243 and ordering my schnieder barrel.going to get a mcmillan stock. looking at ken ferrel rings and base and not sure on floor metal and other stuff any suggestions or comments please help.

Re: building an M40A?

i saw that and it seemed to be more of an replica build with proper number. im looking for more of an options list and i will probably be building more of an m40a3 according to my cousin a 2112 at quantico

wish i could afford the part they use but i dont have that kind of budget.
he only built 3 m40a3 in trainig and is now building the 9mm match pistols

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txserpent</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got my remmington short action from a .243 and ordering my schnieder barrel.going to get a mcmillan stock. looking at ken ferrel rings and base and not sure on floor metal and other stuff any suggestions or comments please help. </div></div>

My comment and suggestion is forget about calling it an M40A(whatever) and just build the rifle that you want to shoot. In reality if it isn't a clone it's silly to call it an M40.

thanks lone wolf you are correct guess i should just say im building an econo tactical rifle. im looking for info on parts that are good that people have used that dont have the big price tag or big name like badger,hs,ddross,and ect. any help is much appriciated and good or bad comments