Building the Perfect Reloading Room

Got my bench, cabinets and most shelves sorted. Mounting press and vice today, will post some pics later. One thing I haven't quite resolved is where to store all the spare barrels I have. They used to just sit on a table in my reloading room but that's not gonna work here. Was thinking of making a specific cabinet for them, anyone do anything similar? Have a bout a dozen barrels, most are 26" long.

Last edited:
Got my bench, cabinesta nd most shelves sorted. Mounting press and vice today, will post some pics later. One thing I haven't quite resolved is where to store all the spare barrels I have. They used to just sit on a table in my reloading room but that's not gonna work here. Was thinking of making a specific cabinet for them, anyone do anything similar? Have a bout a dozen barrels, most are 26" long.

Make a barrel rack for them. Kind of like a wine rack but you don't need to have a slight tilt or diamond shaped openings.

Was thinking of making a specific cabinet for them, anyone do anything similar? Have a bout a dozen barrels, most are 26" long.

I've always wanted to do a barrel drawer below the bench with a rack inside, but I've only got a couple spares so they just sit in the corner of a safe. Not my photo, but maybe how I’ll do the next bench
E43D15AF-24F3-456A-A5FB-3BA9E1FD96CB.jpeg

Some pics from when I started to how it is now:

Photo 2024-07-13, 6 27 54 PM.jpg
Photo 2024-07-15, 12 13 16 AM.jpg
Photo 2024-07-15, 11 26 24 AM.jpg
Photo 2024-07-15, 11 26 21 AM.jpg
Photo 2024-07-13, 7 17 34 PM.jpg
Photo 2024-07-13, 8 21 33 PM.jpg
Photo 2024-07-19, 11 05 27 AM.jpg

Pics are outta order for some reason. Still need to add a 4th cabinet to the left of the 3 on the wall and have a shelving unit I'm gonna put on the wall to the left of the bench. Gonna build a few more shelves as well. Still moving more stuff here and trying to cull and organize my shit...

First get a persons name at the power co who deals with new meter releases. Then get their number. Then Ask the inspector if he will send you a copy of the release. He probably will say he can't, it's electronic but then you can ask him to check and make sure the power Co is getting it and give him that person's name and number. It's common to have issues with the county or whoever and releasing the meter.

Spoke with the inspector again, he told me that he told the permit office to release it. I called the permit office, they claimed to not have it, then 5 minutes after that phone call they call back and miraculously “find it”….

Permit submitted and sent to the power company. Should be any day now 🙏🏼

Reactions: BuildingConceptsllc
I have 3 reloading rooms... my favorite bench is the Bridgeport mill, in the garage, the table is adjustable for height. Has quick change aluminum plates on many presses.
Really stout, you can stand on the loading press handle for sizing, if needed, easy sizing even for 50BMG.

• Wow
Reactions: LRRPF52 and Balor