• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bush Match Pro ED for .22 LR?

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
I need another scope for my Vudoo .22 LR. I plan to run this in local matches with a max range of 300 yards.

Anyone have recent experience with one of the Bushnell Match Pro EDs? I was looking at scopes in that price range, Arken EP5, PST II, etc. The Bushy has good reviews for durability and reasonable glass.

Thoughts?

I've looked through and shot a couple mags out 2. One on a 22 and one on a 6.5
For the price they are a good deal. They track accurately. That scope won't make you miss or lose a match. I've got a bunch of strike eagles because I get them used/cheap in the px. If I didn't go down the vortex road I would have got the bushnell most likely. Also the pro has parallax down to 15 yards.

I've looked through and shot a couple mags out 2. One on a 22 and one on a 6.5
For the price they are a good deal. They track accurately. That scope won't make you miss or lose a match. I've got a bunch of strike eagles because I get them used/cheap in the px. If I didn't go down the vortex road I would have got the bushnell most likely. Also the pro has parallax down to 15 yards.
Thanks. This is the kinda feedback I was hoping for. I tend to buy scopes on the higher “tier” of the spectrum but given the nature of .22 LR I didn’t want to drop another 4k for a scope.

Reactions: camocorvette
Given the price, the ED is a great option.

I have one on my 22LR and i'm pleased with it. I like the reticle, the turrets and the overall feel of the optic. It's kinda funny because my MK5HD zoom rings feel like they're running on sand versus the glass smooth adjustment wheel on the Match Pro.

Glass is nice. It's obviously not Alpha glass but it's pretty darned good for what it is. I would say you can't really go wrong with this thing if you're staying in this budget range.

Given the price, the ED is a great option.

I have one on my 22LR and i'm pleased with it. I like the reticle, the turrets and the overall feel of the optic. It's kinda funny because my MK5HD zoom rings feel like they're running on sand versus the glass smooth adjustment wheel on the Match Pro.

Glass is nice. It's obviously not Alpha glass but it's pretty darned good for what it is. I would say you can't really go wrong with this thing if you're staying in this budget range.
I recently purchased the Mk4HD for a lightweight hunting build and I love that optic. I was defaulting to getting another one for the .22 and saw a lot of reviews for the Bush. Thought it might save me a little coin.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yup I have one on my Vudoo now and it is a good scope in that price range. I like the reticle and the glass is good and won't make you miss. There is a slight bit of CA but not bad. Below is a pic of it on my Vudoo.

IMG_E4348.JPG

This piece I wrote i a little dated, I've since extended my home range to 500 and the MPED makes it boringly easy. I'm planning on extending the range out to 600 here soon to take it to that distance. So yeah, it works well on 22 rigs.

Reactions: camocorvette