• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bushnell customer support (or lack there of)

wchartz

Minuteman
Nov 8, 2011
McKenzie, TN
I had a DMR II PRO that had been lightly used since I bought it new. On the last two outings I noticed that the reticle seemed to be out of plumb. I readjusted it and took it out again. Again it got out of plumb while shooting. I sent it to Bushnell for inspection on 7/31/24. On 8/13 I received an email stating that it was indeed defective and I was to receive a new scope. On 9/5 I sent an email to customer service asking for the status of my replacement. I have yet to receive a reply. On 9/9 I called the customer service number during Bushnell's posted business hours and got a recording stating that "due to a large call volume and backlog the queue was closed. Call back later." I called back later that day but during posted business hours and got the same recording. On 9/10 I called during posted business hours and got a recording "You have called after business hours. Please call back later." On 9/11 I called during business hours and got the same recording as on 9/9. The same happened on 9/12 (today).
To summarize, after five calls in four days during Bushnell's regular business hours and one email, I cannot make contact. My conclusion is that either Bushnell has serious technical problems with their communication system and they are not interested in resolving them so as to allow contact with their customers or they have such poor products that they do not want to have contact with their customers. If the latter is true then it will not be long before the problem resolves itself because they will not have many customers to deal with.
If any of you reading this post have any suggestions as to how to get resolution to this problem or have any real insight as to why this problem exists, I would appreciate hearing from you. As of now I have decided not purchase any more Bushnell products. I guess after having outstanding customer support from Vortex, Night Force and Léopold, I have been spoiled.

Pretty sure Bushy was bought by RCBS, that was bought by Hodgdon Powder company, that are all owned by Vista Outdoors, as the giant conglomerate umbrella... But your story is not an isolated incident from what I've read. Several stories like this here on the forum. Haven't seen one in a while, but if you search, you might find some answers.

Reactions: BCP
Pretty sure Bushy was bought by RCBS, that was bought by Hodgdon Powder company, that are all owned by Vista Outdoors, as the giant conglomerate umbrella... But your story is not an isolated incident from what I've read. Several stories like this here on the forum. Haven't seen one in a while, but if you search, you might find some answers.
Hodgdon is a separate company. They bought RCBS earlier this year from Vista. Vista still owns Bushnell.

Vista's shareholder meeting was supposed to be today, so maybe there will be some news.
They sold RCBS to Hodgdon.
All their sporting goods stuff was put together into The Kinetic Group and as of a couple of months ago, CGS was going to buy it.
Outdoor brands including Bushnell were bundled in Revelyst and it seems like they were trying to sell that too, but it is not clear how that is going.

ILya

Vista's shareholder meeting was supposed to be today, so maybe there will be some news.
They sold RCBS to Hodgdon.
All their sporting goods stuff was put together into The Kinetic Group and as of a couple of months ago, CGS was going to buy it.
Outdoor brands including Bushnell were bundled in Revelyst and it seems like they were trying to sell that too, but it is not clear how that is going.

ILya

From recolection, Vista had a deal with a Czech private equity firm but the deal was placed on hold when they received a competitive offer from a US buyer. No idea where it stands today.

Their rep account here you can’t view or PM either. Probably because they’d get blown up with messages from customers trying to get help.

IMO you’d have to be an idiot to buy anything from them anymore.
He hasn't posted in quite awhile.

Edit: never mind. He posted yesterday.

Last edited:
He hasn't posted in quite awhile.

Posted a thread yesterday peddling their new POS.

Good luck. I tried multiple times daily for a week before I got through, guy told me he would email instructions to get my scope warrantied. never got the email and have tried multiple times daily for two weeks and can't get through. I also filled out the form on their website, but it won't submit when I hit the button. messaged them on their Facebook page and got an automated response to call the toll-free number.

For comparison, I recently had an issue with my Vortex Razor hdlh, the original 1 inch tube model. its long discontinued and Vortex replaced it with the newer 30mm LHT version. I had the new scope in hand 9 days from the day I sent my broken one out to them. I will not be buying Bushnell in the future.

• Sad
Reactions: stello1001
For comparison, I recently had an issue with my Vortex Razor hdlh, the original 1 inch tube model. its long discontinued and Vortex replaced it with the newer 30mm LHT version. I had the new scope in hand 9 days from the day I sent my broken one out to them. I will not be buying Bushnell in the future.
Add me to the list of satisfied Vortex customers. Their customer service is exemplary.

Reactions: loboman7x57