• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Bushnell ERS Zero Stop Issue

MosesTheTank

Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
SC
I set the zero stop on my Bushy ERS and it worked well until I dialed more than 10 mils (1 turn). Each time I did this +10 mils became the new zero: after turning to 11 mils I could only turn back 1 mil such that I was now 10 mils too high. This has happened 3 times and each time I had to reset the zero stop. Has anyone else had this issue and/or know how to address it?

Did you get this one resolved yet? I was thinking the two little allen screws may not be tight, but if it's already been reset a couple times they should have been tightened. Would really like to know what happens with this if it gets squared away.

It turns out the issue is that the zero stop is not lifting with the inner turret. After loosening the screws the zero stop needs to be gently nudged up with the inner turret and then it may be reset. Bushnell is having me send it in for repairs. I bought the scope in October and it has seen only 4 range sessions since then.

I will post a follow-up after I get it back from Bushnell in 3 to 5 weeks.

Hang in there Moses, you're luck is bound to turn around here soon... Right?

Hate that it happened but I'm sure they'll take care of you. Recently got an ERS and no issues so with it so far, good luck man.

Thanks redirt78. I was really enjoying the scope until I needed to dial past 10 mils (1,130 yards), then back down again. Nice glass, nice clicks, great reticle. I am putting my faith in Bushnell to get on it.

It took me forever to get it out to Bushnell as I'm never home.

They received it via UPS on 3/21
It was logged into their system on 3/25
Shipped back to me on 3/28
Brown truck dropped it off today 4/1

The inner ring was just a bit tight is all. It works perfectly now. On a side note, I was scoping the woods behind the house this morning and turned the power to 21 to see if things would get dim. Contrary to what some others have observed, this thing did not get dark at all.

I'm very happy and the turn around time was lightning fast.