Can someone explain to me why all other flavors except spearmint Skoal are absolutely awful?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Spearmint seems to be the norm across Skoal, Kodiak, Cope, whatever. They all relatively taste the same, its more of a nicotine % or people sticking with the brand they like.

Everytime Id ecide to get adventerous and try something new, I instantly regret it.

- Wintergreen (winterfresh?) literally tastes 100% exactly like AIM toothpaste. If you like this flavor, apparently you just need to squeeze a tube of toothpaste in your mouth and you'll be ahead.

- Peach is not bad, kind of the fake peach chemical taste but tolerable. Looses its flavor in less than 3 minutes. It's the Lucky Stripe gum of dip.

- Berry Blend literally tastes like chemical that someone dipped in some watered down, off brand kool aid.

- Apple I had high hopes for. Figured a good green apple that was sweet and bitter would work well. But no...lets make it some knock off attempt at a red apple and make it just taste totally fucking awful.

- Haven't tried cherry, but have a weird feeling it'll taste like nyquil. Citrus would be interesting if it was orange, but I'm betting its some bitter lemon shit that will taste like pine sol.

This is like this across the board with other brands. How do they get spearmint to work so well, and everything else is literally God awful? The only tolerable one I can think of is the 'southern blend' and even that is kind of meh.

- Haven't tried cherry, but have a weird feeling it'll taste like nyquil.

Many, many moons ago I dipped cherry for a short while.

I'm strictly fine cut natural now, cope will do, T Wolf is favored, longhorn in a pinch. The flavored stuff is too sweet and long cut has to be "worked" more in the lip. Scuffs up my lip too much as well.

Copenhagen makes flavored shit?

I quit dipping when the Doc at Martin Army Hospital at Ft Benning had to cut a spot out of my cheek. But I fucking miss my Copenhagen every single day.

I never heard of it coming in queerberry blast or Frankenberry or any flavored shit though. I always thought Copenhagen was its own flavor. Times have changed.

i own a tobacco store, i carry all major brands., Copenhagen LC is #1 seller, followed by Copenhagen Snuff, followed by Copenhage Wintergreen, Skoal Wintergreen, then a variety after that. Mint has not caught on much yet. Stokers and Longhorn in the tubs are getting to be the big thing. Less than $2 a can when purchased that way

@jinxx4ever

Do you carry good-money twist or WE Garret & Sons?

I grew up on that stuff, but sometime in the early 90s I stopped seeing it in stores. Classic Copenhagen in the paper can w steel lid seemed the closest in taste.

From the good ole days.. the man-bun hadn't been invented yet, and the most popular playground game in schools all across America was Smear The Queer.

Last edited:
    Reactions: upthewall
    Copenhagen long cut straight or Redseal long cut straight for me. Both are good. Redseal cans are bigger too, for less money. Cope cans Ill go through 1 a day.

Grizzly Long Cut Straight or Copehagen Long Cut for me. I am from Canada but have a place in Arizona so I only buy it when down here. Canada has a very limited selection compared to the US and you pay out of your ass for a can. A can of Skoal or Copenhagen in Canada will run you around $33-$35, fucking insane!

20200316_113740.jpg

I was die hard Skoal wintergreen.....until I tried Cope mint.

Before i quit, i went from skoal mint to some straight up Levi Garret chew. The flavor and packability into your cheek is unparalleled (no homo). I miss it, but glad i quit.

Grizzly Long Cut Dark Wintergreen Tobacco is my new goto after years of Skoal/Kodiak/Grizzly LC Straight preceeded by Cope FC.

Before i quit, i went from skoal mint to some straight up Levi Garret chew. The flavor and packability into your cheek is unparalleled (no homo). I miss it, but glad i quit.

This is what I used to do when deployed. To this day I'd probably still prefer it, as it always tasted like a perfect mix of tobacco and raisins. It got to be a pain as the tobacco has some texture to it and if you did it enough, I'd rub a welt into the inside of my mouth.

I'm also under the impression that sometime in the late 2000s they changed it somehow as I noticed it lost its flavor much faster than I remembered.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    I have some Cope right now, but the long cut is much shorter than Skoal. It's basically the same size as Skoals 'pellets' which I hate because it's small, gritty and will ball up yet still get everywhere.

Does the wintergreen taste like toothpaste?

You gotta switch to leaf. So many good flavors and way less chemical tasting, and Im sure chemicals in general. Leaf Blue Hawaiian was so delicious. Glad I don't dip anymore but every once in awhile I think of swinging in the tobacco leaf for some cherry or blue hawaiian. Can dip smells like shit now and tastes even worse.

Plus you need a big ass wad to get your fix so you'll look" Jesse the body in Predator" badass. You can also then use what is possibly his greatest quote when he offers dip and they reject it. " Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a Goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus, like me!." Or something like that. Makes me chuckle thinking about it.

Last edited:
    You gotta switch to leaf. So many good flavors and way less chemical tasting, and Im sure chemicals in general. Leaf Blue Hawaiian was so delicious. Glad I don't dip anymore but every once in awhile I think of swinging in the tobacco leaf for some cherry or blue hawaiian. Can dip smells like shit now and tastes even worse.

Plus you need a big ass wad to get your fix so you'll look" Jesse the body in Predator" badass. You can also then use what is possibly his greatest quote when he offers dip and they reject it. " Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a Goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus, like me!." Or something like that. Makes me chuckle thinking about it.

All I get when searching for Leaf Blue Hawaiian is this: https://www.wikileaf.com/strain/blue-hawaiian/

Are you not hungry often, and depressed? :p

All I get when searching for Leaf Blue Hawaiian is this: https://www.wikileaf.com/strain/blue-hawaiian/

Are you not hungry often, and depressed? :p

LOL. Has it been that long? Is the The Tobacco Leaf not around anymore? What year is it!!!( slams into padded cell). You mean its not 94' (tears hair out!)

They had probably 20 flavors of leaf style dip. Big ass jars of it. You tonged it out into a bag ala carte and paid by the pound. Shit was so delish, like candy.

Now Im getting all nostalgic, you know what else was delicious, 100% off topic, but could get you and a girlfriend twisted in a hurry was Blue Maui or Purple/ Pink Passion. Shit came in 2 liter bottles RTD! $6 for 2L of 7% ABV grape soda, the good ol days!

I just looked for Blue Hawaiian leaf tobacco and came up empty too. Goddamn censorship I tell ya. Screw you Phillip Morris, I know you are behind this!! How Dare You!!!

I quit dipping years ago but when I did it was Kodiak or Skoal wintergreen, the cherry stuff was kinda ok. I always preferred Red Man though, the real long cut stuff. Still keep a pouch in the centre console of my truck in case I ever need to stay a lil more focussed on a long-ass drive.

Spearmint seems to be the norm across Skoal, Kodiak, Cope, whatever. They all relatively taste the same, its more of a nicotine % or people sticking with the brand they like.

Everytime Id ecide to get adventerous and try something new, I instantly regret it.

- Wintergreen (winterfresh?) literally tastes 100% exactly like AIM toothpaste. If you like this flavor, apparently you just need to squeeze a tube of toothpaste in your mouth and you'll be ahead.

- Peach is not bad, kind of the fake peach chemical taste but tolerable. Looses its flavor in less than 3 minutes. It's the Lucky Stripe gum of dip.

- Berry Blend literally tastes like chemical that someone dipped in some watered down, off brand kool aid.

- Apple I had high hopes for. Figured a good green apple that was sweet and bitter would work well. But no...lets make it some knock off attempt at a red apple and make it just taste totally fucking awful.

- Haven't tried cherry, but have a weird feeling it'll taste like nyquil. Citrus would be interesting if it was orange, but I'm betting its some bitter lemon shit that will taste like pine sol.

This is like this across the board with other brands. How do they get spearmint to work so well, and everything else is literally God awful? The only tolerable one I can think of is the 'southern blend' and even that is kind of meh.
    Back in high school, most of us chewed cherry Skoal.

And Everytime someone new wanted to try a chew and they puked all over the fucking place.

Switched to Mint so I wouldn't have to share.

My great aunt Pearl dipped that powder snuff all her life. She survived tornado injuries in her 70s that put her in a nursing home. She was one crazy East Texan. She lived into her 90s. I would keep her supplied with those brown bottles, lol.

Anyway, I switched from original Copenhagen to Redman snuff a long time ago. It is softer and lasts longer. Never did like flavored dip.