Can you hit an EGG at 1000 Yards? Caught on VIDEO

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
Well, at least 2 guys can...

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CPjXyWgkEnE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/CPjXyWgkEnE

Explaination:

One hit is shown on video and the other was out of frame. This happened at the Williamsport 1000 Yard Benchrest Club this past weekend. Shooters had 1 minute to break the egg. The shooter on #7 was using a 6mmBR. Both rifles were 17lb Light-gun class 1000 Yard Benchrest rifles. I believe the other that hit was a 300 WSM

The match that this happened at is explained here:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2011/06/1000-yard-williamsport-egg-shoot/

It is surprising how easy it is to see the egg on the bank even with 20x magnification. I was behind the camera in the pits and it was pretty cool watching this go down.

More pictures and close-up shots of the hit eggs on the Club's Facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Original-Pennsylvania-1000-Yard-Benchrest-Club-Inc/142914169110165

Enjoy,
Jason

p.s. - already had someone call BS on the video, but that is OK, they don't know any better
wink.gif

Re: Can you hit an EGG at 1000 Yards? Caught on VIDEO

One minute to do it? That's very possible. Not saying that I could do it, but it's possible.

I want to see someone do it first shot down range.

After seeing some of the groups that benchrest guys shoot at 1000 yds, I don't doubt that breaking an egg could occur at that distance.

here you go

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CPjXyWgkEnE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cbass...can you pm me the code with a character added to keep it from working so I can paste it in the first post...thanks!

PB - enjoying the youtube commentary here as well
smile.gif

We will do this again and try to get more hits on video
smile.gif

JB

Wow that is incredible. It is crazy how the video and the sound make it seem like you are 50 yards out and they are shooting 22LR's. (and no I am not doubting) Very amazing how those rifles were rapid firing and drilling all around the eggs at 1k. Can we say HOT barrels???

some damn fast rounds... when you hear the crack, the bullet is hitting the dirt. I am more than a bit doubtful of this. it sounds more like a 22LR at 200 than a (insert caliber here) at 1k+.... not enough bullet flight time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some damn fast rounds... when you hear the crack, the bullet is hitting the dirt. I am more than a bit doubtful of this. it sounds more like a 22LR at 200 than a (insert caliber here) at 1k+.... not enough bullet flight time
</div></div>

Really ? Do you know the TOF on a .22 LR @ 200 yards ? Obviously Not. Shoot one sometime. Do you know the Location of the Camera in relation to the Targets in the Vid ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some damn fast rounds... when you hear the crack, the bullet is hitting the dirt. I am more than a bit doubtful of this. it sounds more like a 22LR at 200 than a (insert caliber here) at 1k+.... not enough bullet flight time
</div></div>

The crack is not the report of the rifle, its the bullet's little sonic "boom" as it passes the mike.
I take it you've never pulled pits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I want to see someone do it first shot down range. </div></div>

Where's all the guys with these 18" 308 1K wonder guns with their 10X mildots that are so highly touted in the forums as being all you need at 1K when you need one????
wink.gif

sobr, I have pulled pits before actually... I made an assessment of the video before watching it thoroughly. if you listen close, occasionally you can hear the report of one of the rifles. damn fine shooting, even at half that distance

The camera is at 1003 yards, the eggs at 1040. You can hear the rifle reports about 1-1.5 seconds after the crack in the camera.

JB

That is some good shooting.

It is fun to get the whole line together and fire at just one target all together. The first time we did it the pits called back and asked if we thought we were funny. We just had them mark all the holes and run it up. It was a far better group than I thought it would be.

Great shooting guys. That just shows that it is not the caliber that`s doing great, it is also the person doing the shooting. We (TRY) to hit clay pigeons at about 1400yds, sometimes we get LUCKY. Keep shooting!

When you hang out on this forum, it's easy to start losing perspective on how far 1000 really is. To hit an egg that far is impressive, and so were the groups they were all shooting while hitting around the eggs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not easy - but i don't understand why people can't believe it

,,,,,,,,, and hitting clays at 300yds with 22lr also not easy

</div></div>

Especially if the clays are flying in the air! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Where's all the guys with these 18" 308 1K wonder guns with their 10X mildots that are so highly touted in the forums as being all you need at 1K when you need one????
wink.gif
</div></div>
I want to see it at 10x as well. Great video!

Reminds me of the egg shoots that we used to do after 600yd BR matches here many years ago. Except that the eggs were suspended in a cardboard box and you got exactly zero feedback, so there was no walking in....