• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Cant get 100 yd zero with Premier 5-25x56

paultNYC

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2007
Long Island , NY
Im a newbie, please bear with me. I have a sako trg 22 with near base and premier 5-25x56. The scope bottoms out before I can get to zero at 100 yards. Point of impact is at the first mil dot ( not hash) above crosshairs at 100 yards. Im a meat and potatoes shooter and have never tried gear of this quality. I dont know what Im doing wrong. Any help is greatfully appreciated, please explain in simple terms as Im not too checked out yet

Re: Cant get 100 yd zero with Premier 5-25x56

Flip up the tab on the elevation turret and turn it down a couple of mils. That should put you below your zero. Then just dial up to where you need to be and zero the turret.

Are you using a canted base like 15 or 20 moa? Sometimes rifles won't zero at 100 with a 20 moa base. My Bushnell 6-24 FFP is about a mil high at 100 with the elevation bottomed out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you using a canted base like 15 or 20 moa? Sometimes rifles won't zero at 100 with a 20 moa base. My Bushnell 6-24 FFP is about a mil high at 100 with the elevation bottomed out. </div></div>

Your kidding right? Premier's 5-25x56 has 103 MOA of adjustment vs Bushnell's 46 MOA.

I vote on correctly adjusting the zero stop as mentioned above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flip up the tab on the elevation turret and turn it down a couple of mils. That should put you below your zero. Then just dial up to where you need to be and zero the turret. </div></div>what he said.

Hi PaulieT,
We do recommend a 20 or 30 MOA canted base, but your issue isn't that. A 5-25 leaves here with the dial set at 8 mils high which is usually enough to dial down tonget you on paper, if you need a little more then follow the intructions given by macman above. If you send me a PM I will give you my cell number and I will talk you through it while you are at the range if you want.
Let me know, I am here to help,
Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flip up the tab on the elevation turret and turn it down a couple of mils. That should put you below your zero. Then just dial up to where you need to be and zero the turret. </div></div>

For clarification

Set turret at zero, flip the tab, turn the turret to 3 mils, lock the tab back down. Go shoot and zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi PaulieT,
We do recommend a 20 or 30 MOA canted base, but your issue isn't that. A 5-25 leaves here with the dial set at 8 mils high which is usually enough to dial down tonget you on paper, if you need a little more then follow the intructions given by macman above. If you send me a PM I will give you my cell number and I will talk you through it while you are at the range if you want.
Paul </div></div>

Paul, that's awesome man. Keep up the good work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi PaulieT,
Paul </div></div>
Hi Paul.
I spoke to you on the phone last week, I was kinda embarassed to ask about sighing in and the illuminated reticle in one phone call. Up till now, a high dollar scope for me was a Leupold Vari-X3. This is my first adventure into serious long distance shooting. Im basically a set it at 100yrds and never touch it again kinda guy ( like in the cartoons about snipers).
Ive shot alot of pistol, but again, thats red dot territory and my experience with rifle has never been at more than 200 yrds. I really appreciate all the help. I ll be at my range this week or this weekend and will re adjust the scope and get it zero ed. Then I can concentrate on becoming a SWAT Sniper operator and shoot out to 1K yards ! Im kidding. Im sure I ll have all kinds of goofy beginner questions.
Thanks for all the help guys, I am saving alot of time and frustration thanks to all of you. I really appreciate it.
Paul