• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CCI Mag Rifle Primers - How are they?

Ender20

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
E-town, Ky
Trying to get some primers for a new Remington 700 338. I see that most shooters are using Federal Primers but can't kimd any not on Back Order. Anyone using CCI #250 Large Mag Rifle Primers or should I hold out for the Federal. Also what is the benefit of Federal 215M over the Federal 215.

Thanks

Re: CCI Mag Rifle Primers - How are they?

I use the CCI 250s in quite a few different guns. Never had any problems with them and they are usually pretty easy to find.

I've shot them in a couple rifles, the largest capacity being compressed 30-06 loads around 60gr.

They work very well, I did get tighter groups with the Wolf LR mag primers, but it wasn't enough to where I wouldn't shoot the CCI's again. I just happened to have no CCI's left and 2k of the Wolf's sitting there when I switched.

Thanks Guys for all the help. Widener's Reloading has the CCI #250's for the cheapest price in stock. I'll try 1000 and compare them to the 215M's a buddy gave me. I just found out our range was flooded this last weekend here in KY> Officals say it will be 5-6 days til we can get to it. Why is loving to shoot #@8% complicated!
frown.gif

I shoot National Match .223 most of they guys I shoot with use the CCI #400 for short Range and CCI BR for the 600yd. Our juniors are using the Wolf Primers this year and I have to say for the price thay fire great and good groups.
Thanks again for the help.

Got To Say dvdt is great to work with!!!! Everything I got was as quaoted, threw in powder & some primers to help me start shooting with my new stick.

Would add pics but to new and un teckie! Sorry.