• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CCI Stinger VS Blazer

clayne_b

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Saratoga Springs, Utah
I thought some of you might find this interesting.

I went shooting today and i was shooting at 500 yards, ammo used was

CCI Stingers, 32gr 1640fps
Blazers, 40gr 1235fps

At 500 yards the point of aim was the same to hit the target.

Re: CCI Stinger VS Blazer

WOW! I'm surprised you hit the target with the stingers, I've had terrible experience with them in 3 different rifles. What gun did you use?

What kind of grouping were you getting?

I bought a bunch of the Blazers and I really don't like them. I've had variances between rounds that caused inches of POI difference @ 100 yards. A few of them have sounded almost subsonic (not very many though, maybe one out of a couple hundred).

I have not checked my groups at 500 yards, 8 out of 10 is the best i have done with blazers at that range.

here is a pic of a 25 yard group with the blazers, 5 shot groups

BLAZERREMSUB25Yards.jpg

i love the blazers, they worked very well out of my mkiis.

for a HV velocity round and a relatively low priced brick, they are pretty darn good.

i used a cheap walmart sporter barrel mkii for this:
CCI Blazer ammo test
but groups have been much more impressive through the heavy barrel

i've since switched to CCI std vel for my "good plinker round", but still have a soft spot for the blazers.

Not to throw another bullet in there. But the CCI Mini Mags work AWESOME in my mark 2. I have some stingers, but I use them for critters. They seem to be pretty accurate though. A buddy of mine uses the blazers in his 10/22 because they are the only thing that will cycle. He can get about 1.50" at 100 yards with them.

Have you ever tried any of the subsonic rounds? I take it'd you'd have to make a much bigger adjustment because of the lower velocity?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayne_b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought some of you might find this interesting.

I went shooting today and i was shooting at 500 yards, ammo used was

CCI Stingers, 32gr 1640fps
Blazers, 40gr 1235fps

At 500 yards the point of aim was the same to hit the target. </div></div>

BC versus Velocity. Bet the 40 grainers were a little better in the wind.