• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Cerakote for Small Areas: Pro Needed?

Buck Wilde

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2020
FL
Ordinarily I pay no attention to people on the web who claim this or that characteristic of your weapon will make you more likely to be convicted wrongly, because they're usually blowhard ignoramuses, but I saw a great video from a couple of lawyers who actually defend people who use guns, and it has me thinking about painting my pistol slides.

They said it's not rare for idiots to falsely accuse people of brandishing guns. It's easy to fool the cops, because when they ask people to describe what they saw, they always say "black" or "silver." The attorneys showed a disgusting pink gun in their video and said it was a safe bet, because no one is going to say "pink" when making a false accusation.

I am not going to have my pistols painted pink, but I think it might not hurt to put a big yellow band on each one's slide. Not the whole slides. Just enough to be obvious when the pistols are drawn. I have no need to camouflage anything, so it doesn't bother me if the guns are conspicuous.

Here is my question: is this something that is easily done at home with something like Cerakote, or is it best to find a pro and have him apply it?

I don't want to fool with rattle cans or other things that will come off in daily carry.

You could just go with desert brown for the whole slide. But really what are the chances of this scenario occurring?

Cerakote can be applied at home. Many you tube videos on it.