Charge weight test - Group diagnosis for 6mm Dasher

UndFrm

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2022
CA
Hi

I have been trying to decide what charge to go with, but my groups have been sub-par in the initial testing. Attached are the groups on my 3rd try, I am hoping someone can nudge me in the right direction. 6mm Dasher from a 28" Barrel, shot at 100 meters. After getting an optimal weight(s), I will take it to 300 meters to verify. User error is definitely possible, I am no expert but I used front as well as rear rests. I was hoping the group's vertical dispersion to be smaller for this test but this is the best I could get with 3 tries, (previous tries are not included here).

Session 1 - 105gr VLD (31.0 to 31.8gr)
31.0gr has 4 shots, rest are all 3 shots. Tried 31.4 twice, the second one being smaller CBOL.
I had gone 32 to 32.8gr in a different session, but the velocities were in the 2860 to 2980 range, so I backed off. Groupings were worse than the attached.

Session 2 - 105gr Hybrid (30.2 to 30.8gr)
Used Hybrid here, 30.4gr has 4 shots, rest are all 3 shots.
Now, I do understand 3 shot groups is probably not the most ideal. What charges should I experiment more with, with 5 shot groups? It is correct to say, try VLD again with 31.2 to 31.6?

Thank you

Attachments

• 105VLD.png
    105VLD.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
  • 105 hybrid.png
    105 hybrid.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
Ever seen The Matrix?

Devise or purchase a way to drop every single one of your charges the same to the kernel/flake and then the charge weight doesn't matter, there is no spoon.

• Haha
Reactions: UndFrm