• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Charging Handle Advice - Raptor "SD" Worth the Premium?

bonesaw00001

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2019
Getting my AR parts questions out of the way and didn't see a forum post about this. Is buying a premium charging handle like the Raptor SD worth it to decrease gas blowback when running a suppressed AR, or is it simply marketing nonsense? Would love to benefit from y'all's experience rather than spending unnecessary funds myself ha.

Getting my AR parts questions out of the way and didn't see a forum post about this. Is buying a premium charging handle like the Raptor SD worth it to decrease gas blowback when running a suppressed AR, or is it simply marketing nonsense? Would love to benefit from y'all's experience rather than spending unnecessary funds myself ha.

I've enjoyed mine, it definitely helps with my .300 BLK. With my .223, I still notice gas in my face (but way less than a standard charging handle) if I'm moving forward while shooting. In stationary positions, I don't notice any gas. I also just love the design of the charging handle. Imo, that itself is worth the premium. 😅

I've enjoyed mine, it definitely helps with my .300 BLK. With my .223, I still notice gas in my face (but way less than a standard charging handle) if I'm moving forward while shooting. In stationary positions, I don't notice any gas. I also just love the design of the charging handle. Imo, that itself is worth the premium. 😅

Is the Raptor SD the best one for gas reduction then, or are there others you might recommend? On a totally unrelated note, anyone looking to sell their lightly used one at a discount? 😁