• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Cheap 22 Scope

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
I need a new scope for my 22. I want something that is less than 100 dollars. I was thinking a centerpoint 4-16 but it is a piece of crap. I kinda want some type of bullet drop compensator. Thanks guys.

Re: Cheap 22 Scope

I have used two different Bushnell Banner 6-24x40s and was happy w/ them. Its worth the extra $20-$30 to get a better scope. Im going to try a 8.5-25x50 Sight Mark on the 452 I just got.

mueller apv is a great rimfire scope in my opinion. Don't waste your time with the centerpoint like I did mine worked flawlessly for 2 weeks. Now the thing is garbage. I keep meaning to take it back for a replacement but that seems like a waste of time as well.

Tasco 2.5-10x42 with Target Knobs and Mil-Dot or the bigger brother is a 6-24x44

Greg Langelius' experience with them brought me to buy 1 of the 2.5-10's to try. Pretty clear for a $65 scope and there's a lighted reticle version available. They're repeatable, clicks work out to almost exactly the 1/4MOA that's advertised.

I now have 4 of them, 1 on each of my scoped 22's.

I may be the odd ball but I'v had two center point scopes and they have both worked good for me. One stayed on my .308 for bout 500 rounds b4 going to my .223. I got one on my savage .22 as well and am having good luck with it there too... lol idk. i think with cheap scopes it may just be luck of the draw

I have a Meuller that is real solid, and I can recommend those. I also have a Nikon Prostaff that is pretty good too. It's not as bright as the Meuller, but it's not as big either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tasco 2.5-10x42 with Target Knobs and Mil-Dot or the bigger brother is a 6-24x44

Greg Langelius' experience with them brought me to buy 1 of the 2.5-10's to try. Pretty clear for a $65 scope and there's a lighted reticle version available. They're repeatable, clicks work out to almost exactly the 1/4MOA that's advertised.

I now have 4 of them, 1 on each of my scoped 22's. </div></div>
Were can I get one of those tascos with target turrers and mil dot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tasco 2.5-10x42 with Target Knobs and Mil-Dot or the bigger brother is a 6-24x44

I now have 4 of them, 1 on each of my scoped 22's. </div></div>
Were can I get one of those tascos with target turrers and mil dot?
</div></div>

I think the best prices that I've seen on them are from Grafs. I know Midway and Cabelas stock them as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Model is VAR624X42M. This is the Google search on that character string.

Greg </div></div>
That's the same scope as I use on my 22lr. I like it alot, it's mil-dot, has target turrets, tracks well, and holds zero, although the glass is not very good but what do you expect? Overall for the money it's a good choice.

Thanks for the help guys. I finally settled on centerpoint. I know its no the best, but this is going on a 22. Now I need to find a cheap bipod.

Actually, I've had good luck with those Center Point scopes. I mostly keep them on rim fires, but have one that has been on my AR15 & Tikka .308 without any developing any troubles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need a new scope for my 22. I want something that is less than 100 dollars. I was thinking a centerpoint 4-16 but it is a piece of crap. I kinda want some type of bullet drop compensator. Thanks guys.</div></div>

that centerpoint isn't too bad for the price i have one on a 22 mag throough cold, heat, brush, wet, etc. still holds a good zero. rather it than a bsa

say i happen to have a bsa for sale 8-32x platinum. target dot, turrets, 2 sunshades, screw in dust caps. new in sealed box $60.00, + shipping. p.m. me if interested.

Mueller APV 4-14 . Local guy sells them for 115 bucks and they work great on .22's . Parallax that adjusts from an arms length on out and glass that is crystal clear from edge to edge . I have looked through several of them and have a buddy with several in service and has had no complaints whatsoever .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mueller APV 4-14 . Local guy sells them for 115 bucks and they work great on .22's . Parallax that adjusts from an arms length on out and glass that is crystal clear from edge to edge . I have looked through several of them and have a buddy with several in service and has had no complaints whatsoever . </div></div>

I have the mueller and very happy with it also. I put it on my 10/22 and .17 for nutria rat hunting and pests control.