• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Cheap primers

jbuck88

Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Port Angeles, WA
Just digging through a box of stuff I got handed down. Had a few thousand primers in there as well.

Price wasn't too bad. $1.59 per 100. Or $7.90 per 1k. Any idea on dates? BTW they work just fine still.

20211115_074303.jpg

I have a few boxes of pistol primers like that on the loading bench. Am guessing early to mid 80's perhaps? Trying to remember when I started loading for a pistol or two.... It would appear that I don't shoot pistols much at all...LOL

Reactions: mtrmn
I’d just keep em for historical vintage collection purposes. I can say I had some from 1998 and loaded up 50 and had like 15 not fire and eradic groups on ones that did fire. Just saying. Cool though

CCI primers were about $10 box back in 1979, so they are probably older then that. I still have some old stuff laying around in those same boxes.

Just because. Got then from my FIL in a box he had in his garage. He had a rcbs kit and a bunch of reloading stuff he bought back in the day when he was going to start reloading. That never happened so he gifted it to me Instead of tossing it.

Always this was one of those primers today. Still worked just fine.

20211118_091305.jpg

I have a brick of Winchester large rifle primers dated 2/20/87 price was $10.10
In the early 90s we would buy bricks of Winchester primers at the gun show for $10 out the door. Then Clinton got elected 🤬

I still cringe when I have to pay more than $20/brick today but 2 years ago I paid $30/brick for Federal on sale.

Checked my old invoices from 09 and got 25K Wolf primers for 350 shipped. Did a inventory the other month and still have over 40K primers available and most of them were bought over 10 years ago during the Obummer era. It's going to suck the day I have to buy primers again. Blows my mind how people are paying close to 200 for a thousand primers.