• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Cheapest way toward a decent AR

Good ammo for a decent price. I used both match loads to achieve the Stag Model 6 Super Varminter's 1/2MOA factory match ammo accuracy guarantee.

No shown in the link; the 55gr FMJ is what I use for 100yd training, is available at most Wal-Marts, and it's also what I primarily use as once fired brass for my 75gr Match Handloads.

Greg

I'm planning on getting an aero complete lower and complete upper. Leaning towards 16" .223 wylde w/15" handguard. Just have to buy BCG and charging handle as far as I know. Puts me right over 800$ but they have great sales all the time.

I'm not sure I totally agree. I totally accept a loss of accuracy by going cheap, but I don't know that cheap necessarily also means undependable.
Look at the other side of the pyramid of price/accurate/dependable: how many threads are there on super accurate super expensive rifles that aren't cycling properly. We here have just forgotten that the vast amount of shooters in the world will NEVER spend the amount of money that we do chasing "the best". There's still a place in the sport for folks who want to get into it without going broke, and would rather buy a ton of Wolf ammo before spending the $300 that we will drop on a trigger. Nor will they ever spend $1+ per round for match ammo when they can buy surplus for pennies.

I couldnt agree more. I'm pretty sure the majority of AR owners I know all run cheap to decent rifles that are mostly mil spec, over gassed as hell and shoot around 1.5 moa; and everyone of them is happier than a pig in slop with that because it does everything they need it too