• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Chest Rig, Battle Belt

Re: Chest Rig, Battle Belt

What kind of weapons will be employed? Do you want the pouches on it already or do you want it covered in MOLLE so you can do your own thing?

Tactical Tailor, TAG, Tac Ready, Grand River Tactical come to mind quick, but there's probably 15 other good companies out there that make something like what you described.

Look at BDS Tactical. I have used several brands on deployments to Afghanistan and liked my BDS the best. It was very durable and customer service was awesome. You can get many standard set ups or customize for your needs.

I would also think BDS is top notch with their rigs. Lots of options, very durable and great CS. Mine is still in good shape even after a couple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.

I suggest having the belt and chest rig as separate pieces of gear. While I like the SOTech rig, it's more of load bearing gear to me. I'm sure this opinion will differ.

I have the SOTech but have it set up for long range shooting where everything is carried on me.

For modularity, I would suggest a basic Tactical Tailor chest rig with the ATS hydration sleeve you can add/remove when its needed via the H strap on the back.

The belt you can use a HSGI/ATS/Eagle and put a good belt like an OSOE Cobra/Wilderness/etc underneath it. Get some Emdom suspenders and put what you NEED on your belt.

My TT chest rig has 4 single AR magazine shingles on it and that's it. The belt has my pistol holster on the right side at about 2:30, ATS med pouch at 5:00, Emdom dump pouch at 7:00 and 2 AR single AR mag shingles at 9:30. I can go completely prone and have nothing in front of me, as well as being able to access every pouch while prone.

Best part is, if I drop the chest rig, I still have the basic utilities on my belt.