• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CMMG .308 CUSTOM

Re: CMMG .308 CUSTOM

I called CMMG the other day and left a vm for a call back. I wanted more info on the rifle as well. I talked to CDNN and guy said the finish is Cerakote, which is great. I wanted to get the weight of the rifle...I know it's going to be heavy since it has a PRS stock.

First off CDNN is top notch my buddy bought one from them last week after I found the deal on slickguns.com. We live in Louisiana and they had it at his FFL in one day.

You can get the gun in 3 colors comes with 2 pmags For 1400 and his was 17.50 for s&h. I built a MATEN I love it its a very nice setup but for the money I would have saved I wish this would have been around.

Here is a link to some good info
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/545756_CMMG_308_SASS__Great_Gun.html

Yes I saw that at AR15.com ,looks like it gets a good review from the folks that have one .Still I wish it had a FA and I had a chance to handel one B4 purchaseing it . Still not shure the WASP coating is durable .

I a'm in on the Bushnell HDMR group buy here at the Hide and I think I will mount it on this rifle or my Armalite T10 .As the Scope is a 34mm main tube and will need 34 mm rings/mount ,what rings/mount would work best and be as low as possible ? I always like it as close to the bore axis as possible. I will probably never need to take it off so a QD mount is not realy needed. I was thinking a set of Seekins rings would work and be cost effective.Of corse being a group buy ,and me getting in at the end it may not happen for me so I will wait till I have the scope in my hands .I'm new here so I a'm not sure if group buys here are a sure thing .In the event I don't get in on it ,I'll probably end up with a 30mm mount as most other scopes are 30mm or 1 inch.

This is still a question I have LOL. The group buys I have been on here or top notch.

From what I've found out in the QD the BOBRO is the best for the money and Amercan Defense and Larue also being excellent choices the aadland mount is heavy duty and has 20moa built in but it sits high. I just tried to find a ggod one peice QD mount.

I live in central MO were CMMG is located. I work in Columbia,MO and they have a rifle store here. I could find out any Answers to any quetions that any of you might have about thier products. I am thinking about getting a AR .308 for long range. So I am going there to ask question any way,like accurcy guarantee and price.

Does anyone know particulars of the new CMMG 308 including:

Is the reciever threaded for DPMS/KAC or Armalite pattern forends?

Is the reciever rail height the old "taller" KAC/Armalite standard or the new DPMS "lower height"?

I emailed CMMG, but they didn't give me a complete answer.

Matt

When mine arives today or tomorrow I will try to post a mini review .not real computer and digital savy ,so if I can figure it out I'll try to post pic's.

I went by the black rifle store that CMMG owns yesterday. They had only one .308 in the store.It had no forward assist,Magpual adjustable stock and pistol grip,free floating 18" 1:10 twist fluted barrel w/flash supressor.It took DPMS magazine.A front hand guard that had 4 rails. For a price of $1550.00.

Got it and mounted a temp scope and mount ,going to the range tomorrow afternoon. As far as the rifle looks it is dark earth and the upper ,lower,and FFT match perfectly and the finish and fit is top notch. The Magpull prs is a slightly differant color pantone then the rifle,being slightly darker.If that matters to you and that kind of thing bothers you ,try black. It is very slight but you can see it .I don't mind it at all .Gas key staked right ,bolt and extractor look right,action works nice and smooth, trigger is about 4 to 5# and crisp and grit free. Bolt hold open on empty mag working right,safty .bolt release and mag release work right and mag drops free when you hit the release. So far So good .Ceaned and lubed ,ready for the range.

Just got back from the range ( Phoenix Rod and Gun club),the rifle was sheer perfection .Used 5 differant kinds of surplus ammo about 200 rounds some dateing back to 1972 ,Dag,Port,Santa Barbra,Hirt,Aussi.Functioned fine no problems at all ,held 2.5 moa. Switched to Fedral Gold Medal Match 168 smk and it gets .75 at 100 . this was with a cheap 3-10x50 Smith and Wesson scope and an old Colt B Square mount I have had for 20 years . Only wish the trigger was lighter. Looks like a winner .With a better scope and a mount that is lower and a better trigger it will be fantastic .

worthless.gif

smile.gif
We need pics of your new beauty!
smile.gif

The more I read about these the rifles the closer I get to ordering one... they sound like a great deal for the money!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaSouthpaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GONIF - thanks for the positive report. My od green cmmg 308 came in yesterday. I like it. I will get a scope mount this week and hopefully shoot it next weekend. </div></div>

Is there any chance you could weigh it before you put anything on it?

Also, could you post a pic to show the OD color?

Thanks