• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CO2 extinguisher?

CO2 displaces the oxygen. Powder makes its own oxygen. So I'm gonna vote no on this one. CO2 is good for electrical fires etc.

I would think a "powder or primer event" would go down so fast that your reaction time would be inadequate anyway. JMO-flame away if you disagree...

It’s the Swiss, so…

CO2 displaces the oxygen. Powder makes its own oxygen. So I'm gonna vote no on this one. CO2 is good for electrical fires etc.

I would think a "powder or primer event" would go down so fast that your reaction time would be inadequate anyway. JMO-flame away if you disagree...

You are right on the 'no time to react' for a powder or primer fire, but you still need an extinguisher to put out the burning reloading bench and all the stuff on it that caught fire from the powder burning.

CO2 makes a lot less mess than dry powder does and won't wreck everything like dry powder. It fucks anything electronic. I once went to a small fire in a wastepaper bin in a server room. The dry powder put the fire out but destroyed the servers.

CO2 or water. If that doesn't work, get the hell out and stay out.