• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

We're getting RIPPED OFF!!!

I wonder how effective a "boycott" of some type would be.
They're straight up GOUGING the crap out of us.

Look forward to some thoughts, opinions, and ideas.
IMG_8440.jpeg

It's amazing how well the psy op has worked. Have you ever wondered why hypnosis works on some people and not others?
He's definitely vaxxed with all the boosters
Ha ha ha! You guys are funny. The vacced and boosters one made me laugh out loud. I got fired from $150K yr job for refusing that shit.
Believing that the big corporations are just yearning to give us good deals, rather than rape everyone for $$$ is classic Stockholm syndrome. Corporations, politicians, and government bureaucrats are 3 in 1 god of our society.

holy crap, luck like that...
try a tesla, mine has been fool proof. saved a ton of money as opposed to a truck too, about half the cost.

Not towing anything with the CT, unless you have a week or so to get to wherever and dang sure ain't towing anything heavy.

Started with a 28' tandem axle cattle trailer, moved to a 40' triple axle by 1985.

As far as oil goes, I used Delo 400 initially, since we bought it by the drum until 1983ish and we switched to Shell, not sure it was Rotella then. We had 6 JD 100 - 148hp tractors and that is what we used in them and the Caterpillar powered trucks. Filters were Baldwin.

lol tell me you don't understand electric vehicles without telling me you don't understand electric vehicles. honestly they've got more power/torque than your average diesel. my cheapo model Y has somewhere around 800ft lbs of torque and 500hp at the wheels.
you're right about one thing though, the range is much shorter when towing heavy loads at high speeds. but it won't take you weeks to get somewhere, you'd have to drive a hundred miles, charge 20 mins, drive another hundred miles, etc.

lol tell me you don't understand electric vehicles without telling me you don't understand electric vehicles. honestly they've got more power/torque than your average diesel. my cheapo model Y has somewhere around 800ft lbs of torque and 500hp at the wheels.
you're right about one thing though, the range is much shorter when towing heavy loads at high speeds. but it won't take you weeks to get somewhere, you'd have to drive a hundred miles, charge 20 mins, drive another hundred miles, etc.

The Ford lightning has a 200 mile empty range. A small aluminum flatbed trailer with a compact car reduced it to 80 miles.

Stopping every hour to charge for an hour or more depending on what charger you can find is going to double the trip time at a minimum.

And all the new diesels for the last 15 years are 800+ ft lbs. The newest ones are over 1000 ft lbs. Sure, they may only get 8-10mpg while pulling heavy, but I can put 30 gallons in at a truck stop in less than 5 minutes.

How much does it cost you to charge on a road trip? I've seen as much as $90 to charge during peak times myself. So fuel savings are quickly eaten into and don't equal the inconvenience for me.

My favorite, is needing to carry a generator across some states. Myself, it's 200 miles between chargers and I live in the middle of that. I couldn't even make it to the next town towing anything.

In contrast, there are tiny house/gas pump/convenience stores every 40-50 miles. They will have 1 pump with diesel and gas, and no power beyond a standard 20A 120v circuit.

Reactions: XikoPlavi
I understand that ford's suck, I never mentioned you should spend your hard earned dollars on a piece of shit, foreign sourced ford battery.
tesla batteries are american made, American engineered, (usually)American minerals(it depends which model, all the more expensive models are American minerals)
they charge faster, tow further, cost less. you may not realize this but literally the best engineers on the planet want to go to two companies. 1 SpaceX, 2 Tesla. tesla engineers are literally spaceX rejects and sometimes work with spaceX to design their parts. what I'm saying is tesla is literally a decade ahead of ford and every other battery/motor manufacturer.
the cybertruck has room for double it's current battery, that means in a couple years you could spend 120k on a 500mile cybertruck. at that point you could tow a heavy load 4 hours, super charge for about 40 mins while you eat, then another 4 hours. I wouldn't, but it will be done and is probably more than enough for 99% of non long haul truckers. I think the CT should have had a frame but whatever, I'm too poor for a real truck anyways. I'm just glad I found tesla, cause otherwise it was going to be a prius. I like electrics because they're cheap. I totally understand deisels for towing big loads on highways, there is no realistic substitute for deisel.
as far as trips, when I drive my Y down the highway during peak(most expensive) times it's approximately like getting 100-150mpg gasoline costs if that makes sense. cut that way ddownif youre towing, by like half.
I think it cost me to go from southern kentucky to Cincinnati and back about 32$ once but I could be way off it's been years. you're very much right in that supercharging costs way more than charging at home which is hilariously cheap.
also it drives its self when I tell it to which is such a nifty feature.
need to reach in the back seat to smack a kid? FSD. Want to take your eyes off the road for a second to light a cig or change the music? FSD.
Having a heart attack or stroke and need your car to pull over to the side on its own and dial 911? FSD.
Asian American aka can't drive without cutting people off? FSD.

Last edited:
472.9mi from my location to the camp house in Kansas, I can pull a 20ft equipment trailer with a crewcab UTV the entire way, not stopping for fuel. There is no EV that will currently do that and there won't be for quite some time.

On average 18.7 - 18.9, towing about 15 - 16 if I am mindful.

I don't need to understand EVs to know that I will never own one and they are a sham. Same with solar and wind.

Add freezing temps to the mix and you are handicapped even further.

Wonder how many miles driven by mining equipment carrying the raw materials for the lithium, how about generation costs to recharge that turd and process the raw materials, that vehicle you tout is anything but green, God forbid it needs a new battery.

FTR, I feel the same way about ethanol and it's false promises.

Reactions: camocorvette
Something many people who tout EVs don't factor in is any tax rebate they get that everyone else is paying for, or the fact they aren't contributing to road maintenance through fuel taxes. That latter is changing through various schemes, but the state governments have been slow on that.

we are getting ripped off on all this shit. technology will advance and assist on some of that. That's the only benefit to ev's is they haul our kids around cheaper than anything else and bring home the groceries just as good as anything at cost savings.
which means more steak for the kiddos and more bullets for pops. that's what it comes down to. everything is more expensive so save where you can so you can enjoy what you must.

• Haha
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I dunno, my vortec 5.7 just turned over 260k and it started drinking more than a quart every oil change. Rings are shot, and it's starting to foul plugs in every cylinder.

It has drug a 7000 lb truck around for 24 years though. And towing cargo trailers across several states holding it at 4000+ rpm for hours at a time probably didn't help that. Guess it got breaks every 150 miles so I could put 30 gallons in...

Btw, a 7.4 getting 6mpg is because that's how much fuel it takes. My 5.7 got 5 mpg, but had much more struggle on the hills.
My newer truck with a 6.0/6l90 gets 2-3mpg better having those 2 extra gears to choose from, and 100 extra horsepower. It's all about gearing since hp takes fuel no matter which way you slice it.
I recently saw that FORD makes a crate motor called the megazilla 7.3 gas with 618 horse and 650 torque.

Might be old news to you (im not really a ford guy anymore) but it’s doing that without turbo or supercharger. Regular old cast iron block.

Id like to put one in an old 1969-70 stang and resto modern mod it but it probably wouldn’t fit

They have a normal 7.3 one in an f250

I like chevy. I wish I could get my 6.2 1500 maxtow motor behind an 8 or 10 speed (2012). Im keeping it b/c of prices, it’s only got 83k on it.

Reactions: Cody S
I recently saw that FORD makes a crate motor called the megazilla 7.3 gas with 618 horse and 650 torque.

Might be old news to you (im not really a ford guy anymore) but it’s doing that without turbo or supercharger. Regular old cast iron block.

Id like to put one in an old 1969-70 stang and resto modern mod it but it probably wouldn’t fit

They have a normal 7.3 one in an f250

I like chevy. I wish I could get my 6.2 1500 maxtow motor behind an 8 or 10 speed (2012). Im keeping it b/c of prices, it’s only got 83k on it.

I've had Ford's for work trucks.

Their diesels were 50/50 on never needing anything or taking $40k in parts to make 200k miles.

Nobody makes an interior like Ford. I'll give them that.
Last one spent more time at the shop than me driving it, so I decided I was done with them.
The Chevy that replaced it has needed less maintenance in 4 years than that Ford needed in 1.

You do have to keep up on the front end parts with a Chevy. I'll take a few hundred $ and 1 day in the shop every 100k over engine problems every 10k.

Ha ha ha! You guys are funny. The vacced and boosters one made me laugh out loud. I got fired from $150K yr job for refusing that shit.
Believing that the big corporations are just yearning to give us good deals, rather than rape everyone for $$$ is classic Stockholm syndrome. Corporations, politicians, and government bureaucrats are 3 in 1 god of our society.
Can't speak for everyone but... at least for me, I'd love to hear the rest of that story. $150K jobs aren't exactly prevalent here so how did you make out & how old are you for that matter? I get you rested on your laurels but please share the rest of the Part II of that story

-LD

You forgot to mention the spontaneous bond fire feature.

Can't speak for everyone but... at least for me, I'd love to hear the rest of that story. $150K jobs aren't exactly prevalent here so how did you make out & how old are you for that matter? I get you rested on your laurels but please share the rest of the Part II of that story

-LD
Its here elsewhere. Not needed here. So how goes your dildo search?

I switched all my rifles to small rifle primer cartridges because large rifle primers are damn near impossible to find here in Canada. Small rifle costs minimum $140 in Canadian funny money. Large rifle is going for $40/100 on our version of gunbroker. Powder is minimum $60/lb, $90 for the good stuff. I'd love to have American prices, even still.

• Wow
Reactions: Cody S and Im2bent
I switched all my rifles to small rifle primer cartridges because large rifle primers are damn near impossible to find here in Canada. Small rifle costs minimum $140 in Canadian funny money. Large rifle is going for $40/100 on our version of gunbroker. Powder is minimum $60/lb, $90 for the good stuff. I'd love to have American prices, even still.
holy shit...
if you drive to Kentucky assuming it's legal I'll help you out. I have powder and primers you probably need I could let go cheap

Last edited:
Reactions: alpine44
When I started reloading 30 years ago I was paying $10 a pound for powder, $1 for a hundred primers and $12 for a box of 30cal bullets. Prices went up steadily but jumped a lot during panicks.
That's how I remember prices when I started reloading too , ahhh the good old days , of course I made substantially less money back then too .

Reactions: mtrmn and Cody S
holy shit...
if you drive to Kentucky assuming it's legal I'll help you out. I have powder and primers you probably need I could let go cheap
Appreciate the offer! I'm sitting pretty well with everything I need thankfully. That's just how it is for this sport in Canada when you pay the exchange rate plus import fees. My dad is the "buy more ammo" type and thankfully I have enough components to burn out multiple barrels at this point.

Yup. My buddy just paid $270 for 1K LR primers from our LGS. My centerfire matches just aren’t worth that much to me. $700 for 400 S&B factory 6.5 will have to do for now.

• Wow
I've preferred small rifle primers for 10 years since I tried the 6.5x47L. my lrp are 10 year old cci. should work though. I got a decent deal on federal 205m last few times I've went shopping.
I like berger ammo for the lapua brass fwiw.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Yup. My buddy just paid $270 for 1K LR primers from our LGS. My centerfire matches just aren’t worth that much to me. $700 for 400 S&B factory 6.5 will have to do for now.
I'm happy for small rifle 6.5cm brass. Otherwise I'd probably have got a 6br. If it doesn't shoot small rifle primers I don't want it, I couldn't imagine shooting multiple matches in a year with the price of large rifle primers here. Canada's market is flooded by hunters though. While $140/1000 primers sucks, there's still lots available.

Using explosives requires permitting and licensing and bureaucratic red tape... And is seen as a legitimate part of "essential" business.

Smokeless powder requires no licensing/permitting (yet) for the average citizen to purchase/possess... But is used for loading ammo for evil, scary guns.

Adding burdensome government regulations bottlenecks supply and increases prices which act to discourage participation in reloading/shooting.

Politics is "what gives."

Mike