• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

competitions in Texas?

clinto

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
Lubbock, TX
Does anyone know if there are any Tactical type competitions in Texas. Ive never looked much into competition shooting before but think it would be something Id be interested in. Id definately be beginner level.

Re: competitions in Texas?

That one is full. Rifles Only, Tiger Valley, Tac Pro all have yearly comps. There are also smaller comps all around. Seeing that you are out in TT country, New Mexico has matches from time to time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That one is full. Rifles Only, Tiger Valley, Tac Pro all have yearly comps. There are also smaller comps all around. Seeing that you are out in TT country, New Mexico has matches from time to time. </div></div>

We should hold one of our own
wink.gif

I'm new here, sort of, but after shooting a team match up in Wyoming last year, I'm kinda hooked to setup a match near Lubbock. I'm diligently searching for a place to do something like that. My brother just shipped me a bunch of 1/2" AR500 steel targets & I am about to begin making stands for them. As of right now, I am holding/shooting some 3 gun matches out near Levelland. I've got a few guys interested in helping/shooting, Just need a good place. Can do something small at our range but not what I have in mind, exactly. If you guys are interested, shout at me through email or pm & we'll talk.
MLM

Id like to know more about the 3 gun match. Im new to the competition thing, is it bolt gun and pistol? what distances? I dont think I can help out with a place, but id be interested in helping out and shooting

Clint, 3 gun is rifle/pistol/shotgun & is typically semi auto in all 3, although some guys do shoot pump shotguns. Our range is only good for maybe 200yds at best. It is not a "sniper match" or that type of thing. I am searching for a place to do a little more of sniper or tactical sort of match.

I will send you contact info in a PM, if I can figure out how to do that.

MLM

i could host a match near amarillo if yall are willing to drive that far. if not, let me know when you get something set up and i will drive down there. i also have some property in motley and hall county wich is much closer. not sure it would be acceptable due to all the brush.

chuck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: selfbowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i could host a match near amarillo if yall are willing to drive that far. if not, let me know when you get something set up and i will drive down there. i also have some property in motley and hall county wich is much closer. not sure it would be acceptable due to all the brush.

chuck </div></div>

Dude, people love matches, like stated before, build it, they will come.