• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Considering AAC Cyclone, what else to look at?

Re: Considering AAC Cyclone, what else to look at?

If you want to consider the new Yankee Hill Machine Phantom Ti, they are pretty slick for the price point. You can get them in QD for sure, not sure if the thread on cans are available yet. I have one on a 6.5x47 and it was an excellent investment.

Light weight
QD
Excellent price for Ti

Winning!

I have two Cyclones and a Cyclone K. I would rather spend the extra $150.00 on the SAS Ti Arbiter. The cylcone has it beat by a couple DB in reduction but the weight savings and shorter length win it for me.

Talked to YHM and the Ti cans will only be available in QD. I wish they would come out with a direct thread in the Ti, for there price point I dont think they could keep them on the shelves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okiecop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Talked to YHM and the Ti cans will only be available in QD. I wish they would come out with a direct thread in the Ti, for there price point I dont think they could keep them on the shelves. </div></div>

I agree.

Call Mile High Shooting and ask for a price on a SAS Ti Arbiter.... you will be surprised!

I decided on the Direct Thread HTG Coyoti, Having direct Thread on a Titanium .223, 6", 12oz Can that is O so Quiet made sense to me.

The HTG Coyoti is a great choice. I have one on my Tikka Night Vision rifle. HTG has a great sniper grey color that I chose for my can. Don't walk away from your rifle at night. You won't find it again till dawn! The can is light, extremely quiet, and easy to clean. By the way I move this can to my .204 Ruger for daytime varminting and it is very quiet on that rifle also even though it is a twenty caliber. Quiet enough to shoot without muffs. And very accurate. This is the setup I used for a 634 yard shot on a Rockchuck.

I have an AAC Cyclone. I would not buy one again. The zero shifts nearly an inch everytime I take it off and put it back on. I have no idea where point of impact is going to end up. I sent it in and had it re-faced and the issue continues.

To say its frustraiting would be a gross understatement.

Cyclones are built like a tank. Only better can in my opinion is surefire but that is only if you need qd and that is only because their mount is the best in the industry. I have not drank the aac cool aid but I have one and they are great. I also own bowers, gemtec, degroat, swr, etc but I find the aac rifle cans hard to beat.

Our promo RSTA mounts to a brake or flash hider and is $850 including a $200 NFA tax reimbursement and one mount.

That technically makes it compare to the Cyclone at $900 when you account for the $200 NFA tax.

Our design is an over the barrel design so you get a shorter mounted OAL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SymteX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am happy with my Cyclone. I take mine off every time im done shooting and I have always had repeatable POI. </div></div>
Same here, I have a cyclone and love it. I never had a poi shift when adding or removing.

I've not shot all the suppressor that are being talked about in this thread, but I have used a cyclone and a TBAC 30-p1 on my GAP crusader .308 out to 675 yards. At this distance, Id say that they are equal in accuracy using 168 FGMM. I did get a slight POI shift with both suppressors even though lots of folks say that they do not. Both gave a repeatable shift of around 6 inches low and 3 to 4 inches right with a little tighter group than shooting unsuppressed. They also sound about the same to the ear. The TBAC is about 6 ounces lighter, so it gets the edge there if weight is a concern. I know the 30-p1 isnt in that price range, but the cyclone has done just as well for me at the distances that I have used it. Id love to get a YHM to try out, because the price of those is really good.