• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Consumer item definition

BurtG

GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2022
    Northeast
    Can y’all tell me what is and is not considered a consumer item ?

61FA64A9-0222-4448-9547-CE484CD6F934.jpeg

Consumer item: Something that is ready to use as intended right out of the packaging without any modifications needed to be done.

Before 2016, we ILF archery shooters who wanted to use firearm red dot sights and lasers on ATA drilled and tapped risers had to make our own mounts. Get a section of rail. Cut it to proper length. Then get shelving frames or doorlatch plates, measure/cut. Then fasten together and you got a Pic rail right above the arrow channel for any aiming accessory you want to use. You can either then rattlecan it to match the color of the riser, or if the whole assembly is steel, cold blue it. After the knowhow has circulated around various forums for a while, a few companies decided to make the ATA-Picatinny adaptor a commercially produced item and now you can get them at various locations.

Reactions: BurtG
    When I first read that thread, I thought he typo'd and meant "consumable" item, an item meant to wear out and be replaced, which I guess kind of fits spuhr mounts from what I read about em'. But apparently that isn't the case.

Can we add in the “you have to be smarter than a engineer , use half the recommend scope ring torque “. Argument from deathbeforedismount

Not sure if half the recommended torque would be enough to hold the scope still, but I just had a top ring on a scope mount crack (not a Spuhr), and I wonder if there's something that everybody, including the engineers, is missing. Maybe a closer look at whether 7075 is the best material, or the grain direction of the material plays a roll in this mount cracking phenomena, or maybe it's an external factor coming into play like shock from recoil. Assuming the fix-it stick I use hasn't lost it's calibration, I stayed within spec and still had one crack. Weird.

What actual fuckery is this thread supposed to be mocking?

Had some gems. Burtg started this one to keep that one mostly civil causing it to get deleted. It's still in Armory.

Edited

Burt Gummer, quit playing with retards, they have a way of dragging you down to their level. Before you know it, you stop eating pussy and start sucking dick. Besides, nobody is smater, with more wisdom that a coyote hunter.

I havent even read the thread, but when I see that guy quoted, I know the content is just above Bigfatcock's choice in women!

• Wow
    Reactions: DocRDS and BurtG
    Burt Gummer, quit playing with retards, they have a way of dragging you down to their level. Before you know it, you stop eating pussy and start sucking dick. Besides, nobody is smater, with more wisdom that a coyote hunter.

I havent even read the thread, but when I see that guy quoted, I know the content is just above Bigfatcock's choice in women!
    Too late

• Haha
    Reactions: Herb Stoner

When I agree with Bullfrog (and I 100% approve of his comment), you should think about that. That dude is fucking autoignore.

Why DeathBeforeDickFuck is allowed to shit in technical forums is beyond me (its like the one rule around here). Yes he is easy to put on ignore, problem being if one is newer or not a regular, he looks legit. And as someone who regularly shits and pisses all over the bear pit and bitches and moans about dumbfucks:

"He makes us ALL look bad"

His continued allowance on the hide baffles me greatly. It is one of life's true great mysteries. I suspect he has dirt on Frank. Its the only explanation of why he is ever allowed back.

Otherwise "people are stupid"

• Haha
    Reactions: Herb Stoner
    When I agree with Bullfrog (and I 100% approve of his comment), you should think about that. That dude is fucking autoignore.

Why DeathBeforeDickFuck is allowed to shit in technical forums is beyond me (its like the one rule around here). Yes he is easy to put on ignore, problem being if one is newer or not a regular, he looks legit. And as someone who regularly shits and pisses all over the bear pit and bitches and moans about dumbfucks:

"He makes us ALL look bad"

His continued allowance on the hide baffles me greatly. It is one of life's true great mysteries. I suspect he has dirt on Frank. Its the only explanation of why he is ever allowed back.

Otherwise "people are stupid"
    Could have been written about a number of hide members, more than one in this thread…

I resemble that remark...

Why all this hatred for deathbeforedysentery?
    He adds nothing to the forum, is nearly always an ass in technical forums, and is frequently WRONG. He's not a good person to have around. Sometime people just need to be booted.

I can be an ass, don't add much, but I shut my mouth in the tech area and try to add things respectfully (up there) when I can.

I'd be willing to accept a permaban if it got him too. Straight up. Ban us both. Guy is a cancer among cancers.

Reactions: Tokay444 and Ronws
    I resemble that remark...

Why all this hatred for deathbeforedysentery?
    Do a quick search for "dbd".
    These are just some. Read them in their entirety and then report back.