CONTEST: Back to school!

1722628151815.gif

How I’m going to feel when my kids start shooting.

Join the contest below and share a picture of your kid or college student out at the range, cleaning their rifle, or shooting at a target! When you submit, go ahead and include a picture and a brief story or description to go along with it.

We'll be running the contest until August 8th, whichever post has the most reactions wins and you can post multiple times.

Winner gets: a Sniper's Hide hat, shirt, and a few stickers

Well, I think it's pretty clear that we have nothing but winners is here. It is impossible to select one out from all these outstanding individuals- so you might as well concede and get the printer/sewing presses up now for those prizes.

Great thread! Not here to enter contest, but more for inspiration.

I started my son off with rifle and pistol early on. At the ripe old age of six, he could shoot well with the 1911.

Raise them up right, and good results should follow.

My son graduated the Citadel class of 2018. He shot on their pistol team, and competed in the Olympics. He got his commission in the USAF his senior year, and is now a captain flying an MC-12.

We are so proud of him

IMG_0840.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG
31945610_1171473449650181_4637182778247479296_o.jpg

Absolutely. That’s the only thing we have for now. Definitely plan to get one with a proper fit
[Thread hijack] Both of my boys have bows with very generous draw length and poundage ranges. I believe they both range from 15”-30” and from something like 20 to 60 lb draw weight. One is a bowtech and I think the other is a PSE. Anyone with a youth archer should strongly consider one of these bows. [/Thread Hijack]

Reactions: notacos4u
Here’s my 8 year old making first round impacts at 312 on a 12 inch plate with her rpr .22. She put in the work dry firing months leading up to live rounds to get comfortable behind the rifle. The pics say it all… she is now hooked want to shoot “daddy’s gun” at distance.
IMG_8471.jpeg

IMG_8470.jpeg

March 30, 2015, a day I will never forget. Took my 3 nieces and my nephew to the range the day their Grandmother died. Grandma was in the hospital on life support and the kids were really upset so I loaded them up with a few rifles and took them to the range for a diversion. They are all grown up now the youngest turned 18 earlier this year, one just finished college, my nephew just got married. Damn I'm getting old. Rachel the one in the blue/green coat has me wrapped around her finger, she and I have always gotten along so well, it has been my pleasure to watch all 4 of them grow into fine adults.

Attachments

• 4B83BCD5-0355-40B6-B579-E5F3754D5F65.jpeg
    4B83BCD5-0355-40B6-B579-E5F3754D5F65.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 735A6D2F-8CC6-4032-8F14-B2D31BFDC142.jpeg
    735A6D2F-8CC6-4032-8F14-B2D31BFDC142.jpeg
    527.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 0425E2F6-5224-4E1A-8054-7F2B3921CAB3.jpeg
    0425E2F6-5224-4E1A-8054-7F2B3921CAB3.jpeg
    592.3 KB · Views: 43
Join the contest below and share a picture of your kid or college student out at the range, cleaning their rifle, or shooting at a target! When you submit, go ahead and include a picture and a brief story or description to go along with it.

We'll be running the contest until August 8th, whichever post has the most reactions wins and you can post multiple times.

Winner gets: a Sniper's Hide hat, shirt, and a few stickers

Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_4071.jpeg
    IMG_4071.jpeg
    787.4 KB · Views: 23
I had a Red Ryder BB gun to give my daughter, figured kindergarten graduation gift would be good. LOP on the silly thing was way too long for her, so I tried the Rascal I also had for her, and it fit great. So she skipped the BB gun and went straight to rimfire. She's also made claim to my M1A - will be looking forward to her shooting that!

1000001971.jpg

I had a Red Ryder BB gun to give my daughter, figured kindergarten graduation gift would be good. LOP on the silly thing was way too long for her, so I tried the Rascal I also had for her, and it fit great. So she skipped the BB gun and went straight to rimfire. She's also made claim to my M1A - will be looking forward to her shooting that!

View attachment 8474040
Yeah, now try that with a can of Dinty Moore.

I had the same experience with a red rider. By the time my son had physically “grown into” the dimensions, he had “outgrown the rifle…”

On the flip side, we were at my dad’s house a few years ago and MY old Daisy (plastic stock) lever rifle surfaced. I probably spent an hour tearing up a soft drink can with that old, worn-out thing.

That’s an Olympics shooting sport I’d watch. Competitor hand tosses an empty soda can onto the ground, beyond a foul line. They then get 100 bbs too do as much damage to the can as they can, with a bone-stock Red Rider.

Reactions: Makinchips208
I had the same experience with a red rider. By the time my son had physically “grown into” the dimensions, he had “outgrown the rifle…”

On the flip side, we were at my dad’s house a few years ago and MY old Daisy (plastic stock) lever rifle surfaced. I probably spent an hour tearing up a soft drink can with that old, worn-out thing.

That’s an Olympics shooting sport I’d watch. Competitor hand tosses an empty soda can onto the ground, beyond a foul line. They then get 100 bbs too do as much damage to the can as they can, with a bone-stock Red Rider.
That sounds like a lot of fun!

Yeah, now try that with a can of Dinty Moore
... at 1800 meters!

Shoot yeah, I'd watch that (without the drag queen intro of course)!

I'm giving up on the Red Ryder. My boy pictured above giving Sissie the "bullets" has a Cricket put away for him. He'll be ready soon. 10/22s are next :)

Reactions: Ronws