• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Convert a DM savage to blind magazine??

dareposte

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
www.dop3.com
I pulled my old 30-06 Savage out to rebarrel and restock it this weekend, but found a button on the side and pushed it, and re-remembered it's a detachable magazine model.

It's a Savage 110 model, with detachable magazine.

I found a blind magazine stock that I'd like to put on it to fit the new barrel... is there any easy way to make that work?

Re: Convert a DM savage to blind magazine??

I am not sure about the older rifles, but on the newer ones, all you have to do is take the bottom plate off the mag, then put the mag body, spring, and follower down in the new stock. I would call the maker of the stock or Savage and ask them first though, just to make sure. Hope this helps.

his isn't the new version.

as much as i hate to recommend it, savageshooters.com is probably where you're going to have to go. be prepared to pay for the information though; it's a bunch of curmudgeonly old farts who feel they have proprietary rights to information like that, for some reason. :\

Thanks for the info.

I think it will probably work as a single shot until I get it sorted out, and that's fine for now. I may have to fab up a magazine well plug or something.

Once the stock comes in, I plan to see what I can do with the detachable mag I have, it can probably be made to work like you suggested.

I'm not even sure if the new round will fit in the magazines or not, I'm rebarreling it from 30-06 to .338-06.

I put the new blind-magazine stock on today, and my worries turned out to be a non-issue.

To make it fit, I just removed the floorplate from the detachable magazine (as suggested), then clipped the magazine body into the rifle and dropped it in the stock. Everything bolted right up.

Didn't even have to brave SavageShooters.

Glad it worked out for you! I am a member at SavageShooters, but that was before I knew what was up. I still check it out every once in a while if I really need help, or am really bored. It's sad really, there is a lot of info there, it's just hard to pry it out of anyone...
confused.gif

I know this is an older post but i'm going to try and resurrect it.
I am in the same boat, I picked up a Sav Mod 111 in 30-06 with the thought of restocking it until i found out there are no options for the side button mag release models. My question is, how does the mag bottom piece come off the mag?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skamaniac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My question is, how does the mag bottom piece come off the mag? </div></div>

How I did it was the following: I took out a 3/16" flat end punch, and pushed the crap out of the release button and held it against the kitchen cabinet. I used my detail hammer and SMACKED the side of the punch, and the plate slide down far enough that I could get a grip on it with my linesman pliers. It was easy to remove after that...

I hope this helps!!

DK