• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

COPPER CREEK GAS GUN 175 IN cmmg

GONIF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2011
PHOENIX ,AZ
I have a CMMG 18 inch .308 and was wondering if anyone has used it in this rifle ? I just ordered 12 box's and have high hopes to get .50 MOA or better . I already have goten .59 with 168 grain Fed Gold SMK.

Re: COPPER CREEK GAS GUN 175 IN cmmg

Jeez... What are you trying to do with it? Do you actually want to kill flies?
smile.gif
Good job with .59 inches!

I know that I am under that .50 with Copper Creek ammo in the 6 Creedmoor, but then again I am also running a GAP10. Both things contribute as does the shooter.

If it works as well and beats up the gun less that a plus anyway .I was not haveing primers back out or other preasure signs with the Fed GM SMK factory load ,so i'm thinking the only benifit of the gas gun load is less stress on the rifle .But what the fuck do I know. At the price it is a good deal and I'll have the brass to reload anyway.I fucked up and didn't use the discount code ,but it's a good deal anyway.

Just out of curiosity did you chrono the Fed GMM? If so, what barrel length are you shooting?

Thanks, David M

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GONIF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it works as well and beats up the gun less that a plus anyway .I was not haveing primers back out or other preasure signs with the Fed GM SMK factory load ,so i'm thinking the only benifit of the gas gun load is less stress on the rifle .But what the fuck do I know. At the price it is a good deal and I'll have the brass to reload anyway.I fucked up and didn't use the discount code ,but it's a good deal anyway.
</div></div>

No I did not chrono the Fed GM SMK 168 . It is a 18 inch CMMG Wasp coated barrel .I have croned it on my other 2 rifles that are 20 inch. I figure the 175 will be slower at the muzzle but faster past 400 yards ,a'm I correct ?

.308 is a new caliber to me. I just ordered a Gap-10 a couple weeks ago and am in the learning phase and collecting all the data I can. I have read from many people here on the hide that the 168 is great to about 700 yds and then becomes somewhat erratic as it approaches sub sonic velocities. The 175 stays super sonic to about 1000 yds with a .308 Win. 18" barrel.

David M