• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Crye Precision ghillie suit kit

TheLoneMonk

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2010
So, I ended up getting a hold of one of these recently after helping out a pal. Gave me a compression sack filled with this entire kit and the Multicam base shirt/pants. So I decided to hit the web to seek more information on it, but I can't seem to find a whole lot? I can't find it as a listed item anywhere, and nobody seems to have them?

Does anybody know much about this kit, have experience with it, know how much its worth? I literally have no idea what I'm sitting on?
confused.gif

S/F

Re: Crye Precision ghillie suit kit

I don't know schidt about ghillie suits, but I have a feeling that if you fill out your profile AND use the search function here on the hide, you may get what you're after. Also check the field craft section. Good luck!

True, profile seems a bit sparse. Going minimalist.

Good call on the fieldcraft section. I did a search and came up with a much older thread with a close NSN but it wasn't for a complete kit. Strange?

S/F

If its what I'm thinking it is I've seen one before in person and believe you used to be able to find these pop up on ebay (maybe they still do) for 250-400$.

Haven't used it firsthand. From what I recall it was simply a 2 piece BDU with webbing that looked like giant mollee paneling stitched on the back of the blouse. Seemed like a good setup for improvised camouflage but not a full/true ghillie.

they are not bad for what they are, however seem way over priced on the ebay resales... again, for what they are. they are basically a uniform with a bit of 1" webbing sewn on them. you can throw in some veg fairly easy, but if you need a fully garnished low crawl stalk suit, not really the best option for a base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you finish it, don't play in the street with it on... It will make you invisible!

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3534673#Post3534673 </div></div>

You've got to be shitting me. That can't be real. Nobody is that retarded??

Hmmm, good info though, thanks! Now to decide what in the hell to do with it!
confused.gif

S/F

What you have there is a good piece of kit. Crye did a great job putting those together. There are a lot more features to it then just some webbing. Besides a lot of nice add-ons, the whole front is reinforced for low crawling. The webbing strips are placed there to either tie foliage/jute directly or attach pre-garnished netting where desired.

The design of the garment is based off of a list of predetermined features requested by the army and peo soldier, to create a uniform that could pass as standard issue to the enemy when being observed, but quickly be converted to a full ghillie.

When I was working for Tactical Concealment, we submitted a version for consideration, along with several other companies. We displayed it at AUSA two years ago when sharing a booth with Tyr Tactical and Armorworks. One thing ours had going for it over the competition was the use of PV nylon, which is a combination of nylon and kevlar (500d nylon/200d kevlar). Very light, but much more durable than cordura alone.

If you want a good full ghillie, that would be one to hold on to. If you decide to sell it, as mentioned above, you should be able to get $200 to $400 for it.

So, I ended up getting a hold of one of these recently after helping out a pal. Gave me a compression sack filled with this entire kit and the Multicam base shirt/pants. So I decided to hit the web to seek more information on it, but I can't seem to find a whole lot? I can't find it as a listed item anywhere, and nobody seems to have them?

Does anybody know much about this kit, have experience with it, know how much its worth? I literally have no idea what I'm sitting on?
confused.gif

S/F
So that crye guillie suit kit for a short time was an issued item. When I was in Sniper platoon some guys signed them out from supply. Other guys got them issued to them while they were at the National Guard sniper school for the US Army. It was considered an expendable item because everyone got to keep the guillie suits when they signed for them