Custom action options for 7PRC build

black5.3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Jun 1, 2017
NC
Looking to start a 7PRC build next year and getting a parts list started. My experience with custom actions is that I own a short action Origin and have shot Impact’s, Stiller, Curtis, and Bat’s. That said, im tempted to just get another Origin because its what I know and I like it. I wouldn’t mind a more “costly” action but would like to limit the price to $1300-$1400 at most. I know a ton of stuff is out there now and mainly looking to get input on if going up another $300-$400 from the Origin is worth it. This gun will be dressed out with a 28” barrel, MDT or KRG chassis and probably a gen 3 Razor. That said I will not compete with this gun but will occasionally hunt, positional and prone long range.

What say the Hide??

And that was my train of thought too. I just didn’t know if there something else in that price point that i should be checking out too. Im kinda leaning toward just getting PVA to hook me up with a barreled action but im still researching and keeping my options open.

I'm kind of in the same boat for my next build. I currently have an origin. I've looked at everything on the market and keep coming back to the origin.

Reactions: black5.3
If you're happy with your Origin, get another one.

I'm not really sure that an extra $300-400 on an action will really make a difference based on your objectives.

Unless you want to try something new for the sake of it, I would just stick with the Origin.

Reactions: diggler1833
Thats kinda where im leaving for now. There is definitely cool features in the ARC stuff and a lot of other actions offer some cool features and aesthetics.