CWP gives two bangers a cheap ticket to hell

yavapai kid

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2004
Arizona
Had this happened in a eastern blue state who knows what the police would have said.

I like the below endorsement by the police.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/chand...g-two-dead.html

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Chandler man shoots, kills 2 suspected gang members</span></span>

The intruder who punched out a Chandler man while stealing beer at a keg party picked the wrong victim.

The man, who had been attempting to defend his wife during the beer theft, had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Fearing for his life and under attack, he pulled out a gun and fatally shot two men believed by police to be gang members early Sunday morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."
</div></div>
Ramer said police have concluded the shooter, who fears reprisals and whose name is not being released, acted in self-defense and have cleared him of any potential wrongdoing in the shooting deaths.

The names of the two men who were shot to death also have not been released by police.

The shootings occurred early Sunday morning in the 600 block of North Sunland Drive. A group of men showed up as uninvited guests at the keg party, paid a $2 admission fee, then became angry when the organizers started to shut the bash down, Ramer said.

"They thought they weren't getting their money's worth," he said.

The intruders were stealing the beer when they were confronted by a woman who had been attending the party, Ramer said. After the men started yelling at the woman, her husband attempted to come to her defense and was punched to the ground.

"This guy was punched, he was attacked," Ramer said.

When one of the intruders threatened the man with a gun, he pulled out his own gun and shot the two assailants to death, Ramer said. Police said they have documents confirming that the men are gang members.

Ramer said the husband showed restraint during the incident and only fired when he was threatened with a gun.

The man involved in the shooting had passed a concealed weapons course, Ramer said. Although he had a permit, the Arizona Legislature passed a bill earlier this year to allow residents to carry concealed weapons without one.

Chandler police have arrested seven other men and plan to recommend that they be charged not only with robbery but with murder because the slayings occurred during the commission of another crime, Ramer said.

Re: CWP gives two bangers a cheap ticket to hell

I love a story with a happy ending
cool.gif

One attacker drew and gun and two shot...

Expect civil suits, no matter if charged criminally or not. Doesn't say if the man who shot was an owner of the residence.

This will be a good one to watch play out.....

i agree with what biker said but if the two where acting together, they where both threats, that can be shot. If he is the homeowner than he has nothing to worry about, atleast here is texas he wouldnt. best of luck to the shooter and hopefully he doesnt spend his retirement defending himself

homeowner or not, the police report will state that there was a reasonable fear of attack or harm that could be life-threatening. He'll be fine.

I believe there in TX the homeowner could have shot them in the back as they were trying to walk away, hands full of keg! Here in AZ, legally if the one of two pulled a gun and was shot-if the other still presented a lethal threat the he's game. If the second lost interest in harming the victim when his buddy dropped, then a low ready position is to be assumed. He said/she said, and better to be judged by 12 than carried by six at that point. However, with the info the artcle gives, Chandler could have been duped into lauding a gang hit by circumstance. Without the full details, its all speculation.
As an AZ CCW insructor, I just see "1 gun, two shot" as a red flag......hopefully mitigating circumstances justified the force used.

I do like the paradigm shift that has occurred here via castle doctrine, and the realization by most of our local municipalities that criminals do actually prefer unarmed victims.
Nice to see LE officials publicly sharing that legally armed citizens actually hinder crime overall......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nice to see LE officials publicly sharing that legally armed citizens actually hinder crime overall......</div></div>

yep

He's not out of the woods yet. Bangers never attach blame where it belongs so the homeowner (like the article said) is now going to have to be super vigilant and/or move just to avoid retaliation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe there in TX the homeowner could have shot them in the back as they were trying to walk away, hands full of keg! Here in AZ, legally if the one of two pulled a gun and was shot-if the other still presented a lethal threat the he's game. If the second lost interest in harming the victim when his buddy dropped, then a low ready position is to be assumed. He said/she said, and better to be judged by 12 than carried by six at that point. However, with the info the artcle gives, Chandler could have been duped into lauding a gang hit by circumstance. Without the full details, its all speculation.
As an AZ CCW insructor, I just see "1 gun, two shot" as a red flag......hopefully mitigating circumstances justified the force used.

I do like the paradigm shift that has occurred here via castle doctrine, and the realization by most of our local municipalities that criminals do actually prefer unarmed victims.
Nice to see LE officials publicly sharing that legally armed citizens actually hinder crime overall...... </div></div>

You would be amazed how wide open our laws are when it comes to using lethal force. Here, you have a lot of rights as a citizen, to defend yourself and also people around you.

I can use lethal force here, to protect my neighbors property and/or life

I think it's awesome that the guys helping commit the robbery will be charged with murder for their buddies deaths - that's awesome because it was there actions that led to the deaths.

Had that happened in THIS state, the shooter would be charged with manslaughter *IF* he pleaded, otherwise they would push 2nd degree murder - I have seen that happen here...

WA state is too liberal for this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's not out of the woods yet. Bangers never attach blame where it belongs so the homeowner (like the article said) is now going to have to be super vigilant and/or move just to avoid retaliation. </div></div>

+1, That isn't any joke either. Depending what gang they were affialiated with that homeowner might want to put some serious thought into moving, the shooter also

Why should they have to do anything? If tho police and feds would have done there jobs years ago and the aclu stayed out of it half this shit would not be happening. Candy ass judges are no help either you kill a snake by cutting it to bits when you first see it not after it's mated and there are to many of them. What ever happened to RICCO?