• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CZ 700 help

Kickboxer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
Grant, Alabama
I recently purchased a CZ 700. The extractor is "non-functioning"... after firing, will not extract/eject spent casing. CZ-USA is useless... their response was, basically 'go bother someone else'. Matt Hopkins at CZ-USA 1) doesn't know CZ products, 2) is not very skilled in customer service. Can someone tell me where I might be able to purchase a new bolt for this rifle? CZ-USA doesn't seem to know.

Thank you.

Will it not extract or eject 2 different things... Is the extractor damaged? How does the fired brass look? Have you verified the bolt/extractor is clean? Is the CZ700 bolt a controlled round feed, so similar to a 98? Post a pic of the extractor, it may help figure it out.

As far as I know, CZ only makes a 750, not a 700. The only place you'll get a bolt is from CZ or when you buy another rifle.

Not sure I agree with you about CZ service, my experience has been quite the opposite.

I had a cz750 had some stock issues they fixed it and glass bedded for free. They calling some cz and speak with someone other than matt, the 700 was made before the 750 and should have a laminated wood stock instead of the black stock that
Comes on the 750

There are supposedly only 100 CZ 700 M1 in the states, I owned one and never had any issues. I don't think you will find any parts for this gun, they are just not around. CZ does not have any parts or very much info for this gun, The chezh republic army used these as there sniper rifle for a while. Once in a while you will see one on GB or GA for sale but not often. Make sure the extractor is clean, nothing pushing the extractor outward. Worse case have a good smith fab one for you.

Sorry, I've been gone for a while. The extractor was not the one made for the CZ 700... the bolt, I've discovered is a Steyr SSG69. Anyway, I sent it off to a good gunsmith and he constructed a new extractor.
The bolt is a push feed and the extractor was not extracting the expended cartridge.
I don't have the rifle back yet, but was told it is working well now. According to all info I can find on the CZ700, there were less than 100 imported to the US and CZ said "about 50". It shoots straight... the rounds I fired single shot were one hole at 100yds. I like it, just want it to work.

Thank you for all the responses. I appreciate your help.