• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

cz military trainer

JacobWilliams

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
Gainesville, Texas
is the cz military trainer as good as the 452 american? The reason I am asking is I have the oppurtunity to pick one up pretty cheap.

what is the difference between the two, I f the trainer is as good as the 452 I will get it, if not i will save a little longer and get the american or varmint.

Re: cz military trainer

all of the CZ's in my experience have been good...I have both the Lux and the Varmint and would snap up the trainer...these rifles arent gettin cheaper
smile.gif

Probably "as good" but very different rifles.

Trainer has iron sights - a very nice rear sight adjustable for windage and range - maybe the best stock sights for any rimfire. American does not - American is intended to be used w/ a scope. Trainer is a beechwood stock version of the Lux, I think. The stock is designed for use with iron sights.

go to: www.cz-usa.com

raiderone

I have both and have shot both at 200 yards, they shoot about the same (really good). The Trainer's stock isn't really designed for shooting with a scope and it's a bitch to get a good cheek weld. I had IIRC two pieces of 3/4 inch pipe insulation stacked and taped on the stock attempting to get a good cheek weld.

The American's stock isn't perfect, but is much better if your intended use for the rifle is with a scope.

The Trainer is a great 22 too, just works better for me using only iron sights.

Curt

The Trainer and the American are both 452's, just different configurations. Trainer has a Euro style stock and the Amer. and Varmit have an American style stock. Mine is a 452-2E ZKM, cant find it exactly on thier website. Seems to be a LUX but the barrel is little over 23.5 if I'm measuring correctly. Has a walnut, euro style stock and iron sights. I scoped it and have no problem with cheek weld but it is a little high. BTW, it will flat ass shoot. 5 shot grps at 50 are easily covered by nickel without really trying and lots of times, better. At 25 my 5 yr old g-son hits quarter sized bulls often
smile.gif
. You wont be dissapointed with either.

okie

kie

I owned a trainer once, kicking my self for selling it lots these days, i loved that little gun. GREAT irons on it to, just right for the pack in the woods and shoot stuff kinda rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raiderone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do love the iron on the trainer they are excellent, So basically what everybody is saying is that they are both good and I should just buy both! </div></div>
For sure!!! I would.