• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Daniel Defense Delta 5 Bolt Gun

I love the concept. Solid features -
60* bolt throw
interchangeable bolt knobs
interchangeable barrels
etc...

This is the gun the Thompson Center Dimension (which is discontinued it looks like), could have been.

Glad to see someone actually making it right

I love the concept. Solid features -
60* bolt throw
interchangeable bolt knobs
interchangeable barrels
etc...

This is the gun the Thompson Center Dimension (which is discontinued it looks like), could have been.

Glad to see someone actually making it right

Curtis Axiom Action - $1100
TriggerTech Primary Trigger - $145
KRG Bravo Chassis - $350
Prefit Shouldered Barrel for Axiom by PVA - $525

Total: $2100, less if you catch some of those parts on sale. Figure another $200 if you want the action and barrel coated.

The DD rifle does have their proprietary "carbon fiber reinforced polymer" stock with an integrated mini-chassis while the Bravo is a chassis system with a full length aluminum backbone and modular front and rear sections (that you can upgrade later).

And you get the same integral recoil lug, 60 degree bolt throw, same 3-lug bolt, same Sako style extractor, shouldered barrels that are swappable without fooling with a barrel nut, in an action that is machined precisely enough that you can order pre-fits without the smith having to ever see your action. The TriggerTech is probably better than the DD trigger, and you have the option of changing stocks down the road if you like. I haven't seen if DD has specified if their action is a Rem 700 footprint or something proprietary.

Reactions: Crews and Matt_S
Curtis Axiom Action - $1100
TriggerTech Primary Trigger - $145
KRG Bravo Chassis - $350
Prefit Shouldered Barrel for Axiom by PVA - $525

Total: $2100, less if you catch some of those parts on sale. Figure another $200 if you want the action and barrel coated.

The DD rifle does have their proprietary "carbon fiber reinforced polymer" stock with an integrated mini-chassis while the Bravo is a chassis system with a full length aluminum backbone and modular front and rear sections (that you can upgrade later).

And you get the same integral recoil lug, 60 degree bolt throw, same 3-lug bolt, same Sako style extractor, shouldered barrels that are swappable without fooling with a barrel nut, in an action that is machined precisely enough that you can order pre-fits without the smith having to ever see your action. The TriggerTech is probably better than the DD trigger, and you have the option of changing stocks down the road if you like. I haven't seen if DD has specified if their action is a Rem 700 footprint or something proprietary.

my thoughts exactly..... you can build BETTER for CHEAPER.

I can't wait to see the bench numbers on this sob. I bet it will struggle for 1min. I like DD but they have always been over priced. Innovative, sexy.... yet overpriced.

Seems accurate enough based on this review (granted it's a sample of 1):

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/delta-5-daniel-defense-review/

The DD Pro and Mk12 AR's I've had an opportunity to shoot have all been under 1 MOA with factory match ammo. My main issue is with the price point, but I'm sure there are plenty who will pay it.

Reactions: TriggerReed357
Seems accurate enough based on this review (granted it's a sample of 1):

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/delta-5-daniel-defense-review/

The DD Pro and Mk12 AR's I've had an opportunity to shoot have all been under 1 MOA with factory match ammo. My main issue is with the price point, but I'm sure there are plenty who will pay it.
Man I’ve never seen anyone run a bolt like that before. Is this common? Anyways what’s the thought on the chf barrel?

Man I’ve never seen anyone run a bolt like that before. Is this common? Anyways what’s the thought on the chf barrel?

Haha, I didn't watch the video until you mentioned it. It looks like he's running the bolt like some folks shoot an SMLE (Enfield):

Odd for this sort of rifle.

As for the barrel. Bergara, Steyr, and Sauer (not Sig Sauer) all manufacture accurate rifles with CHF barrels.

It’s weird as fuck. He fully lifts his elbow up. I’m calling bullshit that he’s shooting .5 moa shooting like that.
EXACTLY. No Way in MF Hell Bro. but like I stated.... Im waiting for it to get in the consumers hands. We will tear it apart and get real numbers. I wonder if Frank will get one and run it through its paces? I am curious on how this thing will perform. DD is a master of Gas guns....BA is another monster, We shall see.

Reactions: kriller134
Trying to look like hot shit while running a bolt gun but just ends up looking like a retard.

It’s a nice rifle but nothing amazing about it and it’s over priced of course. To be expected from DD. Should be solid for all the guys that want matching bolt guns to go with their ARs they shoot 2-3 times a year off of a bench.

It’s weird as fuck. He fully lifts his elbow up. I’m calling bullshit that he’s shooting .5 moa shooting like that.

Trying to look like hot shit while running a bolt gun but just ends up looking like a retard.

Who ever said that the group shown in the article was shot by him during that video clip? Jump to conclusions much?

Anyway, just because you and a few others here have never seen anyone operate a rifle that way doesn't mean there's a problem with it. It's a legitimate technique when rate of fire with effective accuracy is needed or wanted.

And no this is not a straight pull rifle.....

Last edited: